Skunk

trueclowns

hmm guys i jus went to my lfs and saw this AMAZING skunk clown
i have an ocellarius (close enough spellin i think) and i was wondering if they could house together. i asked one of the employee there and they said yessss
advice plz

zeke92

first off, don't trust LFS chains and stuff. if it's a locally owned petstore and you trust the people then they may betrustworthy. but places like ***** and petsmart, no.
housing more then one species of clown in one tank can be risky cause they can be aggressive to other species.

trueclowns

I kno what you mean.
i jus read online that the pink skunk is good with most clowns.
so im hoping for the best
and this isnt a bigchain petstore =]

ec

First of all, how big is your tank? You really don't want to have more than one species of clownfish or more than two same kind of clownfish in <50 g tank. Of course, if you enjoy watching them fight for the territory... :p

trueclowns

Originally Posted by Ec
First of all, how big is your tank? You really don't want to have more than one species of clownfish or more than two same kind of clownfish in <50 g tank. Of course, if you enjoy watching them fight for the territory... :p
"enjoy watching them fight for the territory"
offensive and no i dont (30 gallon with 22punds of ?haiti? rocks, theres alot of swimming room on one side and the other side is cavy with about 5/6 inches of room on top to swim.
lol feeels like a life story, dont read if u havent time to waste<<<<<<<<<i researched the clown and i jus got him today (his name is Max
), despite of the warning u guys gave me. And so far it feels like my best purchase ive bought for this tank (only been 2 hours).
Since ive added the skunk, my firefish goby seems to feel less nervous in the tank and came out and has been out for about an hour (YAY FIRST TIME).
And my false perc is doin its thing swimmin around the tank. >>>>>>>>>>>>

only thing is my dusters. they are nervous lol

dawman

Originally Posted by TrueClowns
offensive and no i dont (30 gallon with 22punds of ?haiti? rocks, theres alot of swimming room on one side and the other side is cavy with about 5/6 inches of room on top to swim.
lol feeels like a life story, dont read if u havent time to waste<<<<<<<<<i researched the clown and i jus got him today (his name is Max
), despite of the warning u guys gave me. And so far it feels like my best purchase ive bought for this tank (only been 2 hours).
Since ive added the skunk, my firefish goby seems to feel less nervous in the tank and came out and has been out for about an hour (YAY FIRST TIME).

If you don`t listen then why even ask ? So stupid when people ask about mixing clowns and everyone tells them no as they will fight to death , especially when older and don`t listen .

trueclowns

Originally Posted by Dawman
If you don`t listen then why even ask ? So stupid when people ask about mixing clowns and everyone tells them no as they will fight to death , especially when older and don`t listen .
sry i ussually ask because sometimes when i research i miss stuff. (like they have a specific need that the other clown might be annoyed wit or something and its a definate
no no)
in my research ive found that both skunks and ocellerious(w.e) tend
to be peaceful toward other clowns(period)
before u kno that i bought a maroon and percs at the same time
. listened to u and gave the maroon back(no money back) gawd.
this time i went home and looked it up and they are doin fine right now
dawman, seriously no disrespect, but comments like that are unnecessary =/ they kinda are but still

ec

Originally Posted by TrueClowns

Why is it offensive when you see this sign at the end of the paragraph --> ":p" ??
Maybe you did not get the humor, then I apologize.
The things you were asking is just like, can dogs and cats be friends? Well, most of people might give you a negative answer. There are, however, ocasionally some different experiences, i.e. I have dogs and cats at home living peacefully.
In the reply, I only suggest you not to do so ("you really don't want to..."). However, you are the one to make the choice. You are the tank owner afterall, not us.
Congrat about your experience, but 2-hours is still too far to tell. And another guessing of mine is, maybe you do not have anemones (one of clownfish's favorite territories), yet. If that is the case, you might not want to put any in.

jonthefishguy

Are these fish in a 30 gal? 10 bucks says one dies within a month. Clownfish are territorial and the actual swimming area of a 30 gal with moderate amount of decor and being that they generally dont get along with different kind, smells like an "I should have listened" is coming soon.

trueclowns

sry i kno that was a joke but it kinda inferred like im evil lol

and im not planning to put any anemones at all. if i do anyway im gonna upgrade to a 50gallon or higher tank.

i am planning on corals in the near future tho