Slugs or Worms

slammy16

Not sure what it is.
Its transparent to white in color, maybe a 1/2inch long at most, moves around kinda like a slinky or like a wave gets big in the back and then the big part of the body moves forward it does it over and over to move around. I have quite a few i have tried reading some past posts on here to see and i havent really found a answer. I will try to get a picture and post it but, cant garantee it.:notsure:

mrmaroon

I understand they wave around. Are they also partly buried in the substrate or a rock with the lower part of their bodies? Like they are waving in the current? If so, and they are pretty then, they could be spaghetti worms. If they are spaghetti worms, they are beneficial.

slammy16

well i got a good picture of it but, the site wont let me post it right now. They are not spaghetti worms. When i say wave its like a wave in there body. Like the bottom of it swells and it moves the swell forward towards the head, thats how it moves. THe tail end of it is split like horns.

T

thomas712

Looks like you have a pod eating flatworm, I believe kip has had those in his tank. Be very thankful you don't have the red ones.
Thomas

T

thomas712

Originally posted by Buzzword
What gets rid of those flatworms? I think I have some in my tank as well.

The white or the red?

T

thomas712

Well I've tried some of the wrasses and they really haven't helped me at all. I've tried the 6 line, 4 line and still have a problem, with the red ones.
The white ones really aren't that bad, they just eat a few copopods and their populations go up and down just like the pod populations do, other than eating some pods they are really harmless.
Thomas