smartlite by customsealife

wildblue4

i have had 2 bulbs break on the same end of this light in the past month. they break where the spacer is in the middle of the bulb. has anybody had this happen to them and if so what did you do aout it. there is no moisture under the light and it seems to happen after the bulb has been turned off. thanks

kpogue

I have one in my 30g. I have noticed the clamps are really tight. What is probably happening is when the bulb is on it heats up, expands in the clamp and begins to crack. When it cools it contracts then totally cracks. You may want to "spread" the clamp/spacers to allow more room for the bulb.

fishfreek

I agree, straight from the factory, these clamps are very tight. Spread them so the bulb is a bit loose, but not so loose it will drop out!! You may also want to e-mail CSL and tell them of your problem. They have a great customer service department!! They might even replace the bulb if they feel they set them too tight from the factory. Who knows, might be worth while. :D HTH

wildblue4

Update: still dont know for sure the problem but the general idea is that the clamps are to tight. i did notify csl and they are sending me another bulb to replace the two that have broke. thanks for the help guys. and i did pull the clamps apart so we will see.