Smuggled goodies

olga

I just only comeback from the holiday in Crete (Med sea) and while I was snorlkeling I found lots of caulerpa racemosa (spelling?). I pulled a few of them on them from the sea put it in the plastic container (along with few snails, don't know what they are) and brought back home in Uk.
I thought I might put some in my tank. However after I opened this container, they stank were indescribable, and I would not dare to try to do describe it on this forum. :scared: Needless to say, I put them to the bucket, tipped away most of the original sea water, and replaced it with a a salt mixture to acclimatise. Not, that I think its going to work.
Of course I can't put any if it in my tank at that stage. I did put 6 snails though, which survived transportation.
What should I do with it? Am I suppose somehow cure/treat it in separate tank/refigium, or not risk it, and throw this algae away?

mikeyjer

Originally Posted by Olga
I just only comeback from the holiday in Crete (Med sea) and while I was snorlkeling I found lots of caulerpa racemosa (spelling?). I pulled a few of them on them from the sea put it in the plastic container (along with few snails, don't know what they are) and brought back home in Uk.
I thought I might put some in my tank. However after I opened this container, they stank were indescribable, and I would not dare to try to do describe it on this forum. :scared: Needless to say, I put them to the bucket, tipped away most of the original sea water, and replaced it with a a salt mixture to acclimatise. Not, that I think its going to work.
Of course I can't put any if it in my tank at that stage. I did put 6 snails though, which survived transportation.
What should I do with it? Am I suppose somehow cure/treat it in separate tank/refigium, or not risk it, and throw this algae away?
I would throw'em in the freezer first then toss'em. That way it prevents bad things from happening. IF they get any chance of survival and make their way into the sea if your near by it. It can cause some major problem if it's not from around that area. :happyfish

philgmiami

just wanted to tell you that you are one hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lady..wow to you olga

philgmiami

olga, email me :).......... philgmiami2003@yahoo.com