snail id

viet-tin

I just recently found these weird snails in my tank and have never seen them before. Theyre quite fast and not sure if these guys are good or bad. Any help would be appreciated.

viet-tin

What are these guys harmful to? I only found 2 and im sure theres more. Maybe these guys are whats eating my zoos?

viet-tin

Well i took a few limpets out because I found them on my zoos so I was thinking maybe they were eating them. I found about 3 so far on my zoos but I will take them out. Ive never seen them before and not sure how many I actually have. I found them in my fuge and nothing in there for them to eat but macros...ill keep my eyes open for anymore I see.

viet-tin

I hope they dont go after my clam. Ive noticed my snails have died but I think thats because of my hermits but definately pick them out when I see them. Any idea on whats eating my zoos now? Ive did a fw dip and the only things that came off were the limpets some mini brittle stars asterina stars and these tiny small snails. No signs of sun dials or any nudis. I just cant figure what decimated all my zoo colonies...I just recently downgraded from 2x250w mhs to 2x150 hqis and now have cyano and algea problems and they are beggining to smother my zoos in the lower flow areas so I know thats killing my zoos but before something was tearing them up.

viet-tin

Now that I think of it these olive snails must have been the ones that killed my turbos and my 3 clams. My clams were healthy as ever then one day they started dying...I never knew why since I saw no pyramid snails my water quality was great and lighting wasnt an issue and ocassionally they got fed phytoplankton...this hobby is full of surprises