Snails

truperc

Nerite Snails - I have read they tend to sit at the top of your glass, and if you have an open top they will climb out. Accurate?
Bumble Bee Snails - I have read they have questionable reef safety. Any experience with these?
Turbo Snails - There seem to be several species of snails labeled "Turbo snails". Which are considered appropriate for a reef tank?
It appears the lifespan of most snails in captivity is 1-2 years. Accurate?

bang guy

Nerite Snails - I have read they tend to sit at the top of your glass, and if you have an open top they will climb out. Accurate?
Depending on the individual species. Some will hang out at the water surface and may climb out. This is true of most of the tidepool species.
Bumble Bee Snails - I have read they have questionable reef safety. Any experience with these?
There are several species that are called Bumblebee. Some are carnivores, some are herbivores. There is a way to tell the difference but it's not easy.
Turbo Snails - There seem to be several species of snails labeled "Turbo snails". Which are considered appropriate for a reef tank?
All of the tropical Turbo snail are useful. Some species are temperate and they don't live long.
It appears the lifespan of most snails in captivity is 1-2 years. Accurate?
Generally, the larger the snail the longer the lifespan. I had a Mexican Turbin snail for about 10 years. Many of the larger Conch don't even mature until about 2+ years of age. Snails like Collonista and Stomatella may only live 6 months.