Snapple's 18g Cube

1snapple

Well I've been working on this cube for a while now. No water in it yet since we will be moving soon but heres my progress so far
Equipment:
Koralia Nano 425 Powerhead
DIY LED hood.
Small HOB filter (upgrading to a HOB skimmer in the future, recommendations?)
JBJ Pico Powerhead (300gph)
Livestock List:
Two Spot Goby
4 Line Wrasse
Bi-Color Blenny
And is there such thing as a decent thread withought PICS?!?!?!

1snapple

For all you DIY'rs, heres the specs on the LEDs
Drivers:
MeanWell ELN-60-48D
MeanWell ELN-60-27D
LEDs:
3 Cree XP-G Cool White
3 Cree XP-G Neutral White
6 Cree XL-M Blue
6 Cree XP-E Royal Blue
Dimmer:
10K Ohm Linear Potentiometer
RapidLed Heatsinks:
3) 1.1 x 16"
80* Optics for the Blues.

1snapple

I know I shouldn't have but I picked up a 3 polyp red hornet frag yesterday for $50! I will try to get pics up today but no promises

E

eric b 125

Where did you put the frag if there's no water in the tank?

E

eric b 125

90 gallon won't be easy, but if you plan it out properly it shouldn't be too much of a headache.
Wish I could figure out the multi quote thing

1snapple

I JUST figure it out, litterally my last post. Look where the "quote" button is, and right to the left of it, it says "multi"
Click "multi" on all the posts you want to quote and on the last one hit quote and all of them show up.
I think I have it pretty well planned out but its still iffy at best if you know what I mean

1snapple

Heres a bit of an update.
Nothing really happened with the nano over the last few weeks, got it filled up and some of he rockwork done but all ym time has been devoted to moving over the 95g main tank.
No casualties!
id="yui_3_4_1_2_1330737768625_151" src="https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/data/smilies/banana.gif" width="33" />

I also got a clown tang intoduced and a tamarin wrasse introduced as well. A naso will be introduced into the 95 within the next month.
I just got the light hung for the nano and its cycling now.
Sorry for crappy cell pics.

1snapple

Okay, heres a little bit of an update, the nano is finally cycled and ready for some stuff, but i still need some sand a CUC.
I also picked up my frag pack from a local guy. He hooked me up with:
Scarfaces
Darth Mauls
Mary Janes
Bloody Marys
Sunny-D's
Emeralds on fire
Sistine Chalice
Soon to be released as a LE Tyree, Tropicana Twist Chalice
Sucker punch chalice.
Most are 1 polyps but the sistine chalice and the emeralds on fire had more heads, the sistine has 2 eyes and the emeralds on fire had 3 polyps.
Hopefully ill get pics up tonight

1snapple

Nope, no pics yet as im still waiting on some sand for the tank. I did however put a frag of spiderman zoos into the nano and they are doing good, i have it on minimum light and i think it may still be too much,

1snapple

Okay, here are some pics, none of the tank as of yet. (frickin LED white balance issues)
Some Unnamed zoos

Tropicana Twist Chalice

Sucker Punch Chalice

Oregon Mummy Eye

Nuke Greens

Emeralds On Fire

Emerald Mummy Eye Colony

Darth Mauls

Blue Hornets

My Unnamed Chalice that looks great in a cave......