Snorkeling

iidylii

So we just got back from clear water beach Florida...was amazing if u haven't been there it's absolutely awesome, beautiful, amazing lol...went snorkeling which actually really sucked lol it's not a great place for it...the little island we went to was far from clear water...pretty murky because there was just a lot of sand in the current...other then that we went jet skiing for an hour in the gulf...decided to jump in quick a couple miles off shore which may or may not have been very smart but we r alive to tell about it so all was good lol...was a giant dj booth on the beach near our hotel so that was interesting...otherwise we drank a lot of beers mojitos daiquiris and ate lots of different foods...octopus not good in my opinion lol gator ribs meh there ok crab claws straight out of the gulf yum! Might wanna rename the song to "Florida girls" Katy perry lol

jay0705

Ha ha ha very nice. I just got back from maine a few days ago. As always the food was amazing

iidylii

Yeah I seen u posted on fb was gonna ask where it was u went...first vacation I've been on in probably 7 years...was a great time just me and my 2 brothers...I wanna go back on my next long weekend lol it's kind of addicting...not good for someone with an addictive personality lmao

lmforbis

I spent a week in Bonair last summer. With my brother and sister. Didn't do much snorkeling but the diving was amazing. The reef was directly off the house we were staying in. It was the first time I'd been diving since I lived in the Philippines over 35 years ago. Food was nothing spectacular. The waters around Bonaire are a park and nothing can be fished from those waters. They are very careful not to disrupt the best conserved reef area in the Caribbean. Not many tourists except divers so an amazing place to relax.
In July we are going to Grand Cayman.

iidylii

Lol agreed. We went for 5 days this time. Were already planning a week next yr lol
Back to Maine again? We were talking about Alaska next but man the weather and beaches and yes the girls were awesome and now Alaska seems like meh it might be ok...basically live in exactly the same climate now though as u know forbis

I spent a week in Bonair last summer. With my brother and sister. Didn't do much snorkeling but the diving was amazing. The reef was directly off the house we were staying in. It was the first time I'd been diving since I lived in the Philippines over 35 years ago. Food was nothing spectacular. The waters around Bonaire are a park and nothing can be fished from those waters. They are very careful not to disrupt the best conserved reef area in the Caribbean. Not many tourists except divers so an amazing place to relax.
In July we are going to Grand Cayman.
Awesome...yeah I'm a really sucky snorkeler lol haven't done it enough so I kind of panic breathe while I'm under lol

lmforbis

I never liked snorkeling but loved diving. I grew up in Phoenix. I was certified to dive when I was around 15. My dad my sister and I used to drive to Mexico for long weekends of diving. There was a small town on the gulf of California where the diving was pretty good. When I was 18 we moved to Manila. I wasn't there much because I was in college in Arizona. But There is nothing like diving the South Pacific. The reefs are amazing.

The climate may be similar between Alaska and northern Minnesota but the scenery is vastly different. I assume you aren't thinking about going in January.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Best snorkeling in the continental USA Florida Keys where you can snorkel the reefs.

jay0705

Back to Maine again? We were talking about Alaska next but man the weather and beaches and yes the girls were awesome and now Alaska seems like meh it might be ok...basically live in exactly the same climate now though as u know forbis

Awesome...yeah I'm a really sucky snorkeler lol haven't done it enough so I kind of panic breathe while I'm under lol
I go fishing in maine every year lol

Kristin1234

Nope. The Caribbean is pretty consistent year round. Never been to Cozumel. Spent a week diving Bonaire last July and will spend a week diving in Grand Cayman this July. Most of my diving has been the South Pacific. I lived in the Phillipines in the early eighties. As a kid we'd drive from Phoenix, where we lived, to the gulf of California to dive. It's more variable there.

Isn't Grand Cayman spectacular? Never dove, but snorkelling alone we saw lobster the size of my leg, puffer fish, queen triggers and a tiny little octopus just prancing accross the ocean floor. Not to mention the countless rays and turtles.