snow flake eel

mdog30001

Ok so heres the deal. My friend is setting up a 55 gallon and he wants to get a small Snow Flake Moray Eel and a dwarf lion fish. Is this alright or will the eel out grow his tank. I keep tellin him it will and he says it wont. By the way this is gonna be a FOWLR. Im also trying to find him a protein skimmer that works effeciently but is rather cheap, because his budget is very tight.

mdog30001

ok thnx for the help with the eel.
IF ANYBODY HAS ANY CHEAP PROTEIN SKIMMER SUGGESTIONS THAT WOULD HELP HIM ALSO.

roofis

Great question. I'll add it too, is a snow flake eel reef safe? If "monitored", how?
Dwarf lionfish reef safe? I've seen some threads w/ people who have them, again, if so, or "monitored" how?
thank you for the advice.

tim_12

Coralife Super Skimmer. For that size tank you're looking at just over $100. Definatly the best bang for your buck. They work really well.

fishieness

i also have the coralife skimmer! works great for me! Definatly one of the better skimmers that you can find for under 100$ online!!!
snowflakes and lions are technicaly considered reef safe. Yet many will eat your inverts such as shrimps, crabs, ect. Even small fish depending on the eel or lion. I have a snowflake who will soon be going to my reef. The only other fish i am keeping him with is a moroon clownfish. And i dont worry about my eel going for inverts or my clown because he ONLY eats krill on a stick. Doesnt if it is floating around, never bothers hermits, Just gets mad when my puffer tries to eat his krill. But he has no competition for it in the reef. The only reason why he is not in there now is because im waiting to convince my mom to let me put the extra water wieght under myt ank for a sump.fuge and also until he gets big enough so that he wont fit through the holes of the eggcrate (snowflakes are considered escape artists).