Snowflake eel and his friends?

dude1226

My tank is 55 gallons and i need to fill it with cool fish and the only fish i really want is a snowflake eel and i need to know what would be best in my tank

mag395

Anything bigger than the SFE's mouth and small enough to fit in 55 gallons. Bigger clowns and damsels are what I've seen kept with a SFE. You could probably do a lionfish or an angler, but then you couldn't keep the clowns or damsels. In any case, if you keep the eel well fed, it will be less likely that it eats another tank mate.

splatee

IMO a 55 gallon is to small for a SFE. If it is a small eel then it should be fine for awhile. As long as the fish can't fit in the eels mouth it should be fine. You could go with a Coral Beauty or a Flame Angel would be good choices.

fishgod336

I don't think a 55 is too small for a snowflake, a couple of years ago I had a 55 gallon with a snowflake and he did fine, grew up to be pretty big, they don't really move around all that much as long as they have enough rock to hide in, I would go with some damsels that are big enough so that the eel won't eat them, and any other small species of fish should be ok, as long as you keep the overall number of fish in your tank around 3-5 at the most.