SnowFlake Eel won't Eat

Kunal Patel

Hi

I have a snowflake eel he is about 18 inches. He has not been eating recently. For about couple weeks he has not ate
anything at least when I hand feed him. I feed him squid, & Shrimp, he has not taken any of that. Last time i fed him he ate a small piece of
squid and a couple of crabs. every now and then I feed him live crabs but that was a couple weeks ago.
I have small damsel in the tank and he hasn't tried to eat them. My water chemistry is right and everything was on point.
Anyone have any idea, I don't want him to starve. He does not show any symptoms that i can tell. All my other fish are doing fine.

Thank You
Kunal Patel

Kunal Patel

I don't have any snails, but I have hermit crabs.They are all there though. I feed mine every other day usually he is happy with that. I tried yesterday but he did not take anything, hasn't for a couple of weeks now. He use to love squid but now just looks at it.

jay0705

Unless he's under fed the damsel is safe. Snow flakes aren't terribly fish aggressive. Crustaceans tho, rt up there ally. Now I agree with above you've probably been feeding too often. Has anything else changed? New filter, water,ect?

Kunal Patel

I did a water change after I noticed that he wasn't eating. I do a 30% water change every week, i also changed all filter pads, other than that I left everything the same in the refugium. Maybe he is eating too often, He doesn't look sick or anything, but that is hard to tell because he is always hiding.

Jen831

My snowflake eel does that sometimes. He can be an absolute pig one day and than kind of go into "hiding" for 2-3 days and not eat anything. Than he comes out and starts swimming near the surface of the tank like a maniac wanting to eat again.