Snowflake Eel

Brooke Pirkey

I was wondering if I could buy a snowflake eel and put it in my tank?My Tank is 75 gallons, with 10 pieces of Live rock weighing from 1lb to 3lbs, A fake coral and fake ship.
The Fish I have are a Blue Tang, Blue damsel, Domino Damsel, Algae bunny, Clownfish and Striped Damsel. Could I keep a happy snowflake eel on my tank, especially if I bought a couple more pieces of live rocks?

lmforbis

Agreed. That is good for a snowflake moray eel but the blue tang will be an issue because the tank is way too small. Make sure your tank has a tight lid, Eels are very good at escaping, lost mine to that. If well fed snow flake morays won't bother fish but if you have shrimp or crabs they wil be at risk of becoming eel food.

geridoc

You don't need to add more rock to make a habitat for the eel. You can just bury a length of 1 or 1 1/2 inch pvc with one end sticking up out of the sand, and the eel will be very happy to move in.

Brooke Pirkey

Thank you all very much, I've been debatinf on getting one but I was told by someone not to get one because it would eat all of the fish in there even though all of my fish are bigger than a Snowflake Eel's head

jay0705

In general they are not fish eaters.they prefer crustaceans, however under fed and anything will do