Snowflake too big

erhodejr

I bought a SFE about a year and a half ago being told that they grow to be around a foot long, he's now nearly 2 feet, I have it in a 40 gal. which I know is not enough room, I would like to trade him for a puffer. But if you can properly take care of him I will give him to you. I do not want to ship him. e-mail me at ERhodejr@cox.net if you are interested.

toughguy80

That's ashamed, I was just looking into gettin one. Wish I lived closer, I'd have taken him. Good luck, hope all goes well.

harlequinnut

I'm just curious, what kind of puffer are you interested in? It's good that you recognize that your tank is too small for the eel, but getting a puffer could lead you down the same road as the eel. You may have to trade him in some day. With that said, you can get a toby which is in the puffer family but doesn't get quite as big as the puffers.

erhodejr

I have been looking at the dogface or a similar type of puffer, I have a porky and a another I believe is a Valentini, both are young and have some time before needing a larger tank. I am going set up a new tank of atleast 180 gal. for the 3 puffers, possibly a lion. depending on how much of the wall my wife will let me have.