so it begins.........

well it not even thanksgiving yet and my wife MADE me help put up the christmas tree.......

dont get me wrong i like christmas..
has anyone else set up their tree yet??? or am i the only one in the us with a tree up???

R

reefernana

I'm sure you're not the only ones, but I just can't start Christmas without finishing Halloween then Thanksgiving. There was so much stuff out for Christmas already when I was buying Halloween candy it wasn't funny. No wonder it seems like Thanksgiving comes so fast. We hardly get to celebrate it anymore because of all of the Christmas whooplah that the stores are shoving down our throats. It wasn't too many years ago that I wouldn't set my tree up until 2 weeks before Christmas. That was back in the 'real' tree days though. I went artificial a few years back so I do set mine up earlier now, but come on guys the day BEFORE Thanksgiving?????

perfectdark

Well all my outside lights are up but its a tradition that they dont get turned on till Thanksgiving night. As for the tree it goes up the weekend after Thanksgiving so I guess thats a close second. But we love the holidays so the longer they last the better.

coraljunky

Originally Posted by goober_hunter
well it not even thanksgiving yet and my wife MADE me help put up the christmas tree.......

dont get me wrong i like christmas..
has anyone else set up their tree yet??? or am i the only one in the us with a tree up???
No tree yet. My neighbor had the whole yard decked in Christmas decorations the day after Halloween!!

yeah we usally wait till the weekend after thanksgiving, but my wife is very impatient. she got mad because i told her i would help after i was done playing "call of duty 4", but she MADE me turn if off..
any ways i hope i dont get burned out before christmas.
good luck everyone else....

lovethesea

a lot of neighbors in our subdivision have had their up AND lit up!!!!
I mean come on................the lights ON ???????? I can see taking advantage of the nice weather we had......but ON???????

kerriann

i do not have my tree up yet but i do have my shopping done for the most part. everything else i intend on finishing monday - gotta love cyber monday!!!

thereefer9

We wait till mid christmas till we get our tree. Thats when the best ones are out at the tree farms. Yea its a little early for christmas decorations but its those companies with those ads running all day long thats why christmas spirit starts in october.

renogaw

only reason i didnt get our tree today is they were'nt open till tomorrow. last two years we didn't get one and it was boring.

donald

standing rule #42 no christmas tree untill December or I get to take it to the station and use it for live fire training!

perfectdark

OHHH sorry then.. as of today we are officially finished decorating the house, lights are on outside and the tree is up and decorated. WHEW... what a weekend.