So, New tank......

oneradtek

i know t5 can do it, but i dont have them as my primary lighting source, and i dont use LEDS. just be careful with t5's dont underestimate, keep the SPS low for awhile and slowly move them up

1guydude

Quote:
keep the SPS low for awhile and slowly move them up
hmm k well the t5 ones are as this
the purple monti is bout half way in the tank and acro is on one of my top rocks....i have other coral thier that are doing ok so i think il be good

The purple monti i cant see any polyps open on it yet, most of the ones i got from this swap have the poylps open...is this a good sign, Do they stay open all the time? sry if im buggin u! LOL

oneradtek

its okay, one of the signs of healthy sps are good polyp extension. my purple monti has VERY small polyps, but i wouldnt worry, monticap is very hardy. keep the montis lower, because when they grow u dont want them shading other corals

oneradtek

not really that expensive, only about 40$
very god reef tank fish, it eats flatworms and pest snails. and its a beauty

jerth6932

not really that expensive, only about 40$

very god reef tank fish, it eats flatworms and pest snails. and its a beauty
I'm going to do my homework on them now, thanks for the info on them.... very nice!

usaspur

I read this the other day (all of it) and it was a very enjoyable read, it inspired me to post here and start my own thread in the New to the hobby section. Amazing to see how far you have come. I also have the cannon t2i, they are great cameras. Got to get me a macro lense now
Great tank and thread

oneradtek

yea after a day of absolute hell, ive finally made it threw. The 2 pumps i had for back up (both panworld/blueline) both had serious issues, i went to clean the work horse and the one screw stripped that held the impeller compartment to the pump. so it all went downhill then. Then i went to use the backup, and it was seized. I tore that apart at midnight and managed to barely get it spinning, its very loud but its working. I hope itll hold until the new one comes early next week, fiancee might leave me with how loud it is lol wow days like today make you wonder WHY we do this hobby

oneradtek

yay new pump is up and running, should've just went with this pump in the beginning. Blue line 55 HD magnetic drive pump. This thing is super quiet and pumps a ton of water! working great. good part is that it doesnt have little parts that can fail due to calcium and alk issues AND it comes with a 10 year factory warranty. sweet

oneradtek

Woohoo, i just got my GFO filter up and running, time to eliminate these phosphates for good, darn bubble algae!
pics to come