SOme assitance please!

fishman830

as my 180 is well under way i got an amazing deal on 130lbs of fiji LR w/ a naso tang, and various other fish...
My question is, will i have a conflict between the Naso and my present BLue hippo tang
other inhabitants of my 180 at this time are 1 Clarkii clown, 1 False percula, and a yellow tang

krishj39

IMO, 3 tangs in a 180 is pushing it. The tank is large enough you might be able to get away with 2, but i wouldn't try 3. You may be ok for a while, especially if you are going to be changing the seascape by adding all that rock. That would minimize your current tang feeling like he has to defend his territory. I'm assuming all the tangs are about the same size, if the hippo is the largest I wouldn't try it.

dogstar

Will there be a conflict ? Yes, not only with the Hippo but with the Yellow also.
Adding the new rock will help and if the Naso is healthy coming from an esablished tank then thats a plus as well.
Depending on the size of the naso should be fine in a 180g for a few years. They are one of the largest growing tangs and they like to go fast and far like a sports car. Always a risk when adding tangs together and its just rather you want to take it or not. The main risk is getting sick from stress but if they are healthy now then they will probly make it thru the introduction stage.
BTW I have 5 different tangs in my 180g.

shawnts106

Depends on how big the tangs are.... I do not think that 3 tangs in the 180gallon is too much, I know of a person who has 8 tangs in a 140 gallon long, this tang thing with people is really annoying... IMO!
hippos are more of a placid tang IMO, now, SOHALS are some SERIOUSLY PISSY FISH! haha, Naso's are more agressive IMO than the Hippos,
I wouldnt worry about it, just make sure the tangs get enough food, and when you add your tangs turn off the lights, leave the room and forget about it LOL!