Some Basics

What is a good lighting source and bulb for a 180 gallon tank that will really bring the vibrance out in the fishes coloring?
Whats a good protein skimmer you would suggest for a 180gallon tank.
Any power heads you could suggest?
How about heaters whats the advice on those?
What about RO/DI units, are they the same as UV sterilizers, and which is essential and which not.

sign guy

Originally Posted by MaddestHatter
What is a good lighting source and bulb for a 180 gallon tank that will really bring the vibrance out in the fishes coloring?
do you plan on any coral?
Whats a good protein skimmer you would suggest for a 180gallon tank.
supper skimmer 220
Any power heads you could suggest? wave2k
How about heaters whats the advice on those? 2 150 watt jalli's
What about RO/DI units, are they the same as UV sterilizers, and which is essential and which not.
rodi units are water filters for top offs and water changes a good brand is kent maxima hi s 35 gpd. uv's are a type of filter. they kill free floating orginisams with a inturnal uv light. both are highly recemended. also look in to a sump/fuge. they are easy to build and you can custimize them the way that you want

Originally Posted by sign guy
rodi units are water filters for top offs and water changes a good brand is kent maxima hi s 35 gpd. uv's are a type of filter. they kill free floating orginisams with a inturnal uv light. both are highly recemended. also look in to a sump/fuge. they are easy to build and you can custimize them the way that you want
No plans for coral. Fish only with some LR.

acrylic51

I have to agree with SignGuy(Patrick) on some items.....RO/DI very important.......Skimmer wise ASM or EuroReef would be my choice skimmers....Coralife on a 180.....Just won't cut it IMO..........Lighting I would opt for either VHO's or T5's which would give you room to expand to corals without many issues.......