Some good news with a 12-pack

rwhite

What a great day! Beautiful weather, finally got my computer back and our little clown has been accepted by the larger as a mate (we think) and has been allowed to host the BTAs. He used to get chased, but now they seem to get along beautifully. Watched them for a while this morning as he started to get to know the BTAs and the pair of them scraping at the rock beneath the larger BTA. And, if I'm not mistaken, caught them bumping uglies (abdomen to abdomen). Thought we'd share our happiness with everyone with a few pics along with some coral shots. Enjoy and anyone with Clarkii mating behavior experience, can you share some insight.
Here's Spot in the smaller BTA.

rwhite

And our Neon, always looking for a meal, esp. around the algae. The best shot I've ever gotten of him.

rwhite

Thanks, can't think of a better thing than keeping a reef. Seems like everyday there's something new to see, good and bad. I feel a sense of accomplishment when things are progressing in a positive direction, like I'm doing things correctly. Yet, I'm always worried about things no matter how things are going. Maybe thats helped me, being "overly concerned", almost obsessed. I'm sure everyone understands, we just are so happy when things happen they way you want them to...A pair of clowns that are hosting and possibly mating is more than we could've hoped for.

tsl

Clownfish don't "bump uglies". The male fertilizes the eggs after the female lays them on a rock.

rwhite

Thanks again. So when we see the clowns touching each other and such, would that be considered mating/pairing behavior? Or is it still a dominance display or the like. We are really hoping for them to pair up. Any info on this would be awesome, or is there a thread somewhere on the board about it?

hariii2

Perfect timing. Beautiful photos. I have a pair a clowns that are ALWAYS together in the tank. They go everywhere together. They have taken up in my daughters conch shell. All the kids think it is great. I just hope that they are "tegether" and we can find all kinds of Nemos in there someday. I will try to get a pic of them.