Some hitchhiker pics...

agro

Lucky me, a former bug of the week. He seems content to dig in the sand, and didn't take any chunks out of my finger hehe.

sammystingray

WOW! those are some interesting hitchers! :) I would assume the top one as tunicates, but I have never seen them in a perfect circle like that.......cool stuff, and you might want to find an ID for the nudi as fast as possible.

sammystingray

BTW are those little red spots, next to the first hitcher, algae? Kind of looks like botryocladia (sp?) to me, and the stuff can go nuts. Obviously you can't say here where to buy it, but that looks like some nice rocks.....hopefully not too many pests.

j21kickster

that nudi looks similar to one i had a while back that reproduced like jack rabits ang fed on my zooanthids- i finnaly got rig of them by sucking them out w/ a syringe- here is a crappy pic

bang guy

#1 - definately some very pretty Tunicates.
#2 - A bad boy Cirrolanid Isopod.
#3 - NICE! Brittlestar.
#4 - Looks a lot like a Berghia verrucicornis, an Aiptasia sp. predator.

vibe

i cant post any pics, but i have had a couple hitch hikers on my lr and would like to share:D .
- 1 hermit and a turbo snail
- 1 little green polyp
- a featherduster (whole body inside the rock)
- an unidentified slug. anyone know what this is? it's small and all black, and the shell is like a little circular disk, instead of the spiral shells of a snail. its a pretty interesing little guy.
nice pics all
luckly, no mantises have been found....yet :eek:

agro

sammystingray - Yep, that is algae. There is red macroalgae all over this rock, some of the plants are getting to be about 6" tall now. But I think my caluerpa is out competing it.
BangGuy - I hope he is an aiptasia predator, because he has his work cut out for him. :)
j21kickster - Yeah, I'm keeping my eye on him. Kinda hard though since he is nocturnal.
vibe - your slug sounds like a stomatella snail (sp?). I have one too. :)
Thanks for the replies! Here is a better pic of the macroalgae, and a pretty orange tunicate similar to the other pic. So far the only things I have found that I would consider pest are the aiptasia and a horse conch.