Some new additions

attml

Today we had our local aquarium club's (Chesapeake Marine Aquarium Society) spring open house. We had Eric Borneman & Mike Paletta were our guest speakers and a lot of different hobbist selling or trading corals and a few professional vendors. Here are a few things that I picked up today.
Lime Green Pagoda Cup

S

spsaddict

Originally posted by attml
Unknown LPS - Possibly Oxyopora?

now that i like!

attml

One of the Vendors was Rob from East Coast Clams. I picked up a Maxima, Gold Maxima & Squamosa clams

attml

spsaddict,
Thank you very much! The unknown LPS coral is cool! It is true pink and kind of a royal blue. That is the problem with these all mday events - I started off with just 1 clam and by the end of the day I left with 3!

nm reef

Information I've seen says they have some of the best clams on the market...very nice lookin' stuff...and do provide more info on the unknown LPS...it looks very interesting.

m.rogers

Mark your still alive!!!!!
you must have told the wife that you won the raffle.
i will try to get some pics of what i got up tomorrow.
mike

S

spsaddict

spsaddict, That is the problem with these all mday events - I started off with just 1 clam and by the end of the day I left with 3!

lol i know that feeling all to well. i have a huge order comin on tues

attml

Great additions! I really like the clams. What did you hear about the unknown LPS? It's very interesting.
Sam,
I got it from one of the guys in my club George S. (Geofloors). I believe he got it from one of our local LFSs. I didn't ask him about it during the meeting but I have a PM into him now. I am not sure how rare it is, but he has just about every rare coral out there including the Leng Sy Purple cap, Tyree Purple Monster & Blue Sceptor among others. I am interested to know more as well!

attml

NMReef,
I pulled it out to get a little better picture of it. It is very unusual looking! I will post more info as I get it! Rob from ECC must have brought 40 or 50 clams with him and they were all extremely healthy and looked just beautiful!!
Mike,
I am typing this from the dog house as we speak!!! It never seems like as much of a good idea to her as it does to me when it comes to buying corals and stuff!!:)
lol i know that feeling all to well. i have a huge order comin on tues
Cool! What did you get?

S

spsaddict

Cool! What did you get?

nothing 2 exciting
sky blue formosa (3" colony)
purple acro polystoma (3" colony)
purple tip acro secale (2" colony)
orange with blue tips acro rosaria ( 3" colony)
chartruse bottlebrush acro aculeus (2" colony)
blue branched acro loripes (2") colony
all from reefermadness...
then i also have coming from ROBZ (some may know of him)
red monti digi
powder blue millipora
monti hispida

S

spsaddict

I think it may actually be a echinophyllia but I want to confirm it with George

well its one of the 2 :)

m.rogers

mark the unknown lps is the coral that the club got at the last frag fest george siad it took me forever to frag it up he had to cut it and let it heal and the cut it again a lit it heal on and on it want as for the name you know me and names i am lucky that i remember my name some times:hilarious :hilarious
mike