some quick pics

wangotango

Had my iPod in hand so I took some quick pics.
Left side looking through:

Mamma clown:

Torch:

Blue hydopora:

Favia:

mr. limpid

From a Ipod nice pictures. But know we need info: is this your tank? what size is it? list of critters, more pictures, full tank shot. I'm demanding ain't I.

wangotango

Yes it's my tank, been up and running for about almost 7 years. Standard 55gal tank with (5) 54w T5. Fish include (1) blue damsel, (1) 3-stripe damsel, (2) ocellaris clowns, (1) purple pseudochromis, I havn't really added any fish during the past few years. Other critters include (2) t. crocea clams, orange-tipped GBTA which has split several times, a banded serpent starfish, snails/crabs etc.
I'll work on more pictures tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Limpid http:///t/389906/some-quick-pics#post_3449173
From a Ipod nice pictures. But know we need info: is this your tank? what size is it? list of critters, more pictures, full tank shot. I'm demanding ain't I.

wangotango

From today:
Faviid:

FTS: Santa brought me cyano for Christmas so... Tank also looks a little more barren than it actually is.

History:
My tank has been under my dad's care for about 4 years since I've been away at school. My huge colony of pink birdsnest is gone (ended up being about the size of a soccer ball), my green birdsnest (from PSU) is also gone. I had a few nice tabling millis (some from PSU) that are also gone. I hacked up my green slimer and sold like 90% of it because it was just too big so there's about 4-5 frags of it somewhere in the tank now.
'07 (LPS/softies)

Winter '10 (SPS)

slice

Nice SPS tank!
How do you have (5) T5 lamps? A 4 lamp fixture + a 1 lamp fixture? DYI?
When you say coral is "gone" you mean fragged out and sold/traded correct? Not gone as in "left this world"?

mr. limpid

very nice tank. sorry to here that some of your corals are gone. You need to buy your dad a book on coral keeping.

wangotango

The fixture I have is an Aquactinics TX5 which comes with five bulbs. Overkill IMO for this tank but I got a good deal on it.
When I started to change from softies/LPS I sold most of the colonies. Most of the SPS that are "gone" have died off (like the birdsnest colonies and tabling millis). Lack of keeping calcium and alkalinity in check and fragging to keep stuff from growing on top of each other were the main reasons I think. Some colonies like the slimer and monitpora cap. were just taking up too much space so I would regular frag decent chunks of them and trade them. It is hard to have a decent amount of rock and large branching and tabling SPS colonies in a 55gal tank, there just isn't enough space.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice http:///t/389906/some-quick-pics#post_3449584
Nice SPS tank!
How do you have (5) T5 lamps? A 4 lamp fixture + a 1 lamp fixture? DYI?
When you say coral is "gone" you mean fragged out and sold/traded correct? Not gone as in "left this world"?
Eh, it is what it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Limpid
http:///t/389906/some-quick-pics#post_3449585
very nice tank. sorry to here that some of your corals are gone. You need to buy your dad a book on coral keeping.

E

eric b 125

Having just switched from a mixed softy/lps/sps reef to pretty much an sps only reef (with the exception of 3 softies, a pagoda cup, and a brain) I wonder how you keep your non-conservative elements up? Do you dose? Run a reactor?