Some recent pics, some side shots

plum70rt

here is a side shot of my tank, does not look this wide from the front,
that leather and Sabae are a good 18 to 20 inchs in diameter

nm reef

Plum as always the system look sweet...thanks for the new pics.It is always nice to kick back here at home and watch mine...but I also enjoy looks at all the members systems too.....almost as good as the real thing.:cool:

plum70rt

Thanks NM, In july a local marine club will have a fish hop, which is where they rent a bus and look at several club members setups, im going to be one on this years trip, hope its up to snuff, im told they are several 700 gallon to 1500 gallon tanks we will see, i still have my orginal sponge, but many were wiped out by the nudibranches, more goodies:)

saltylakes

i see that plum has added alot more rock since i was over!!!
the tank rocks like always!~!~!~!~!~!~
when is our next frag trading?

plum70rt

Hey salty, im pretty good on corals but I can hook you up if you need stuff from others, here is the red brain I got from last time,
I met a guy in Seaworld got 80 lbs of Fiji rock, 2.00 bucks a pound,
wish he had more:D that leather just thrives, it likes lots of flow and is low in the tank, I have another on the other side, that does not open as much, go figure:rolleyes:

nm reef

Kipass...it is a sarcophyton I believe....I bought one about 18-20 months ago. When purchased it was large...maybe 6"-8" across. Within a month it wasted away to a sick looking stub.....no matter what I tried it just didn't seem right. I never gave up on it and eventually it developed 2 healthy stalks and is now one of my prised corals...maybe because it literally came back from the dead!! I never really changed much....moved it a few times ... and was just patient. I believe mine was probably stressed when I got it and it took time to recover. Below is the most recent pic of the one I kept...the other was traded locally. It was smaller but was in good condition when I traded it. Sopmetimes there is little we can do other than be patient and provide the best conditions we can....then hope!!!