Some tank pics I took tonight

tangman99

Originally posted by fishman88
wow i realy like that crab! is he dangerous? and if not and you catch him let me no!
mike

I don't know what kind of crab he is. I always refered to him as a rock crab, but he has sharp pinchers so I assumed he was not good. He is actually about the size of a quarter.
He took out a few snails while he was in there. I would find the shells by the hole he lived in. I tried to trap him for the last 5 months with no success. Last week I put the tongs in the tank to clear away some snail leftovers and he reached out of the hole and grabbed the tongs. As I back them away, he came after them and I just grabbed his claw and lifted him out. I gave him to some guys that work at the LFS I use. They like to keep species tanks and I did not want to hurt him.
The funny thing is as I was celebrating the victory, I noticed another one about half his size that I have never seen before. I'll get him one day.

tangman99

Originally posted by coralwolf
WOW nice pics!!!
How long were you standing in front of your tank especially the clown, mine is camera shy?

Not very long. Actually, it was harder tanking the pictures of everything else because the clown would always manage to get in the way. That was just one that he looked pretty cool in. He likes to follow me around. I don't know if he loves me or just associates me with food appearing in the tank. Well, I have a pretty good guess.