Someone please help

drewco

Ive had a very hard time getting a ghood answer from my LFS so i was hopeing you guys can help me.
I currently have a stars and stripes puffer fish and a porcupine puffer fish in a 75 gallon Flower tank. i wanted to know what kind of small school fish i can get if any. Or what kind of small colorfull fish can I get.
Thanks,
Drew

J

jdragunas

with puffers, you can't really get 'small' fish. Puffers are agressive, so you have to get other aggressive fish. Unfortunately that eliminates a lot of the smaller schooling fish. You could possibly get some larger more aggressive fish, such as a lionfish, or triggers, maybe an angel. If you're really set on smaller schooling fish, i would suggest trading in the puffers.
just fyi, a porcupine puffer can release toxins if it feels threatened, so make sure you don't get anything that'll upset it...

jhov2324

Domino Damsel Not very colorful but they can exist with puffers, mine get along great, you think of getting a tang, not small but colorful,

J

jdragunas

make sure you research the tang you want. Koles are ok in a 75, but most others need a larger tank.

jhov2324

your tank doesnt seem big enough for three tangs, maybe one yellow, i just thought of a colorful fish a maroon clownfish, they're aggressive so it probably would be ok with the puffers.

J

jdragunas

No, 3 clownfish are not ok in a 75 gallon tank. They're territorial and probably would fight with eachother, and you'd be left with only one. 75 is pushing it for a yellow tang, but it would be OK.
I also wouldn't go with a maroon. Just because it's an agressive fish doesn't mean the puffers won't pick on it. You need larger fish... rule of thumb, if the puffer can fit it in it's mouth, it will eat it.
and coach, this is a newbie, so don't go flaming him... He's doing the right thing and asking before he does anything!