Something is on my Percula's chin...

tacks

Like I said in the "Subject", something is on my percula's chin. It looks like a little white pimple. It's been there about a week. I didn't post it earlier because it doesn't seem to bother him. It still isn't bothering him. He eats just fine and swims around in all areas of the tank (125g). Other inhabitants include another percula, a green chromis, and two blennies. Any ideas on what might be going on?

Hi Rick, our tomato clown had the same thing a few months ago looked like a pimple at first, then started to look like a clear worm. Didnt do anything and then one day it was gone. Havent had the problem again. Never botherd him, I think cleaner shrimp took care of it , hope this helps...cya :)

tacks

I don't have a cleaner right now. Should I be doing something about this. I have a "Q" tank. Should I be moving him in there? Like I said before, he seems healthy. I just fed him and he ate good.
ANYBODY... ANYBODY...

gobylover

Hi tacks.My clown also had the same dot on top of his head for about a month that just went away and never bothered him.Thats odd that 3 people so far have had this happen.I don't now what it is (was) but hopefully its the same on your clown as long as it don't hurt it!!!LOL ;)

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Likely a single parasite. Keep an eye on it to see if it gets bigger or develops a "tuff" look. If it doesn't go away, perhaps QT with some copper treatment would take care of it.

C

coralbeauty

Over the course of the last two years my perc clowns have had these. One at a time, larger than white spot, do not bother them, then they go away. I noticed the spots more often, once they moved into the hammerhead coral.
So, I am the fourth person to experience this!
Connie