Something to say.

rainbow grouper

This thread mean not no disrespect to ANY other community members but i would like to say something (mods delete this thread if you think it is inappropriate).
It seems to me that every time i start a thread people start commenting on things that i do and say. I DO take note that some of the things i say i shouldn't and i DO take note that i need to accentuate on some of the things i say, but please notify me by messaging me because if you do it in the threads then it just makes me feel embarrassed which is slowly pushing me away from the forum (not that it matters to the overall welfare of the community). If you are angry at me for saying this and need to say something that could be interpreted as annoying Etc then please message me or email if you can find my email address hidden here somewhere.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow grouper http:///t/388908/something-to-say#post_3432897
This thread mean not no disrespect to ANY other community members but i would like to say something (mods delete this thread if you think it is inappropriate).
It seems to me that every time i start a thread people start commenting on things that i do and say. I DO take note that some of the things i say i shouldn't and i DO take note that i need to accentuate on some of the things i say, but please notify me by messaging me because if you do it in the threads then it just makes me feel embarrassed which is slowly pushing me away from the forum (not that it matters to the overall welfare of the community). If you are angry at me for saying this and need to say something that could be interpreted as annoying Etc then please message me or email if you can find my email address hidden here somewhere.
Hi, why do you put stuff in brackets? (when it should be a sentence all to itself?) ...LOL...just kidding, I hope I'm not one of the guilty parties that made you upset. You can always make a joke about it and move on and not be sensitive. I doubt anyone meant to hurt your feelings. If I'm one of the guilty parties, I'm sorry and I will try and not do that to you.

dragonzim

Part of what people comment on here is the fact that you are indeed very young and really should not be putting a lot of the information about yourself out there that you do. Technically, you are actually too young to even be on the forum in the first place...

gemmy

Also, I think that the members that are commenting on your posts is that they are almost looking out for you. I believe that they are trying to help you out. You are young and are trying too hard not to act young.

snakeblitz33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonZim http:///t/388908/something-to-say#post_3432904
Part of what people comment on here is the fact that you are indeed very young and really should not be putting a lot of the information about yourself out there that you do. Technically, you are actually too young to even be on the forum in the first place...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemmy
http:///t/388908/something-to-say#post_3432907
Also, I think that the members that are commenting on your posts is that they are almost looking out for you. I believe that they are trying to help you out. You are young and are trying too hard not to act young.
These are the two reasons why I say some of the stuff to you that I do.
You're a cool kid, don't get me wrong. I'm very happy that you choose to be a part of our community. Thank you very much for adding to the knowledge of this forum and hanging around. But, with all due respect, you are underage for this forum, and you do put yourself out there too much. You don't know what kind of sick perverted people are out there, and I feel like you are setting yourself up for a complete disaster.
With that being said, I hope that you will take some of our advice, stop putting your age out there and stop trying not to act your age either. If you have some tidbit of information that you would like to share with the group, go ahead, but don't add "I'm only 10 but..." to it. I know I am probably one of those people that get on your nerves, but I am just trying to look out for your best interests. I hope that it doesn't "run you off" or anything, and that you do continue to stay and contribute.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I think that your point is a good one. People here are probably feeling like you need to be corrected (because you are a kid), or taken care of (because you are a kid), taken under their wing (because you are kid), tease you (because you are kid), etc., maybe not thinking that this may make you feel picked on. Perhaps fear of being treated like a no-nothing kid may actually be the reason that you initially lied about yourself and presented yourself as an adult?
You are pretty out-going and out-spoken. And there really is not a problem with that as long as you operate within the terms of service of this forum. You are a member like any other member here at SWF. My feeling is that just because you are a kid doesn't mean that you should be the brunt of over-mothering or over-correction by others. The mods here are charged with addressing problems that come up in the forum. And forum members have mechanisms to contact us when problems come up.

btldreef

Well, you're not going to get any sympathy from me in the post....
Firstly, you really should think things through before you write them out. Many, I'd venture to even say the vast majority, of your posts are very difficult to read. Whenever you're told to fix your grammar, punctuation, or just make your posts more coherent, you retreat behind this, "I'm only ten years old," facade that you've created (which many of us do not believe by the way). Then you go and write some outlandish thread about how quantum physics fascinates you. Seriously? Some members do get cut a little slack for spelling, etc when English is not their native language. You are living in ENGLAND, don't expect the same olive branch to be extended, especially when we've seen you write properly. Personally, I don't care if every word is spelled out correctly, but it's almost as if you go out of your way to write improperly at times. It is very, very frustrating to a hobbyist, especially one who's experiencing an emergency in their tank and looking for quick answers, to have to decode a ten year olds rambling.
I hope you're aware that being ten years old on this is a direct violation of terms of service. Still, that was overlooked when you admitted that you had lied. I have a serious issue with the fact that you have continued to boast your age openly. You even have your age posted throughout your profile. Not only are you continuing to violate the terms of service of this forum, but you're also not making a safe situation for yourself, which Smartorl touched on in a recent thread of yours. I'll be honest, I am one of the mods that does not think that the rules should be different for you than any others.
Bottom line, you've been asked so many times now to write more coherently by numerous members that you're not going to see it in private messages, people are going to directly call you out on it. I, for one, find it very annoying. Edit your post before you click submit, even a ten year old can grasp that concept. Stop hiding behind age the minute you're confronted, it's not cute, and it doesn't take anything away from the fact that you did something wrong (such as posting incorrect information and when corrected retreating behind your age, which you've done with me). I've worked with ten year olds with learning disabilities who knew how to use a period to end a sentence, give us a break. You also like to try and play with the "big dogs" in The Aquarium, don't expect sympathy. If you want to be respected, try acting a little more mature. And please STOP saying your age all the time.

kiefers

Well,.... where to begin here. I find myself struggling with this because I do have kids and one does post on here from time to time, when the T.V. is off mostly. Mom and I watch over her posts to make sure people are being good and for the most part everyone has been wonderful to her. With you,...... there is a history and the fact that you hide behind the age is rediculous. Stop it. You are pretty knowledgable of the aquaria, which if I haven't said so, I am impressed. Like Tommie Lynn stated, I too am not going to feel sorry for you but tell you to take these words from these posters to heart and improve on the behaviors and online edicate.
Posters asking questions about their set ups have taken your advise and have appriciated you for that. You do add to this community. Just help us look better by editing your posts.
I don't care if your a kid or not. You mess up or break the rules........ your going to hear about it either by us or the mods.

S

siptang

+1 on what Keith has said above.
We are here to learn and to communicate with fellow hobbyists.
I think your cool regardless of the age so hang in there.
You know these people don't mean any harm or disrespect for you buddy.

darthtang aw

Well, you're not going to get any sympathy from me in the post....
Firstly, you really should think things through before you write them out. Many, I'd venture to even say the vast majority, of your posts are very difficult to read. Whenever you're told to fix your grammar, punctuation, or just make your posts more coherent, you retreat behind this, "I'm only ten years old," facade that you've created (which many of us do not believe by the way). Then you go and write some outlandish thread about how quantum physics fascinates you. Seriously? Some members do get cut a little slack for spelling, etc when English is not their native language. You are living in ENGLAND, don't expect the same olive branch to be extended, especially when we've seen you write properly. Personally, I don't care if every word is spelled out correctly, but it's almost as if you go out of your way to write improperly at times. It is very, very frustrating to a hobbyist, especially one who's experiencing an emergency in their tank and looking for quick answers, to have to decode a ten year olds rambling.
I hope you're aware that being ten years old on this is a direct violation of terms of service. Still, that was overlooked when you admitted that you had lied. I have a serious issue with the fact that you have continued to boast your age openly. You even have your age posted throughout your profile. Not only are you continuing to violate the terms of service of this forum, but you're also not making a safe situation for yourself, which Smartorl touched on in a recent thread of yours. I'll be honest, I am one of the mods that does not think that the rules should be different for you than any others.
Bottom line, you've been asked so many times now to write more coherently by numerous members that you're not going to see it in private messages, people are going to directly call you out on it. I, for one, find it very annoying. Edit your post before you click submit, even a ten year old can grasp that concept. Stop hiding behind age the minute you're confronted, it's not cute, and it doesn't take anything away from the fact that you did something wrong (such as posting incorrect information and when corrected retreating behind your age, which you've done with me). I've worked with ten year olds with learning disabilities who knew how to use a period to end a sentence, give us a break. You also like to try and play with the "big dogs" in The Aquarium, don't expect sympathy. If you want to be respected, try acting a little more mature. And please STOP saying your age all the time.
there are big dogs here?
darth (woof) Tang