SONY PS-3 scams on fleabay site

chipmaker

Its unreal how dense some folks are or should I say desperate. There is quite a few auction for the PS 3 on the great auction site but those foks that are bidding are not getting nothing but a picture of the playstation. Just reading the discriptions and the smallprint tells you that, yet they still have upwards of sa grand in shipping and bid price invested for a picture.Sure are gonna be some T'd off folks that won that think they are getting a real play station.
item=130051285230
item=280052471848
Are only two of many such advertised playstation "pictures" listed.

chipmaker

Originally Posted by ROYAL GANG
dude, get mcafee site advisor. it's free and it tells you which sites are safe

Some how I fail to see how Mcafee site adviser is gonna tell someone that a seller on that big aution site is a bona fide honest and trustworthy seller and not pulling a scam to the dumba$$es that do not read an ad fully or understand what they read.

lovethesea

this actually happened with xbox. People were buying just the BOX it came in. And payiing lots of money.
One of those is gone already..........---- may have caught up with them.

chipmaker

Quite a few of the numerous for sale ads have been pulled by ---- already. Whats that old saying. A fool and his money is soon parted....

tangman99

Then again, some of those are probably not legitimate bids either. I'm on a Rolex forum and there are a group of us that purposely go out and high bid auctions when we find someone auctioning a fake as an original. We will bid some rediculous amount like $100,000 which puts and end to the auction. We then note the sellers id and search it frequently to blow all their auctions that we know are false. They usually go away or have to change their IDs. Sounds easy, but it really P's them off after they went to so much trouble building up a high ranking by buying small items to get good feedback. We know because we have gotten some real "nice" emails from them where we have asked questions to help confirm our suspicions if we are not sure.

schneidts

Originally Posted by TangMan99
Then again, some of those are probably not legitimate bids either. I'm on a Rolex forum and there are a group of us that purposely go out and high bid auctions when we find someone auctioning a fake as an original. We will bid some rediculous amount like $100,000 which puts and end to the auction. We then note the sellers id and search it frequently to blow all their auctions that we know are false. They usually go away or have to change their IDs. Sounds easy, but it really P's them off after they went to so much trouble building up a high ranking by buying small items to get good feedback. We know because we have gotten some real "nice" emails from them where we have asked questions to help confirm our suspicions if we are not sure.
That's awesome.

tangman99

Originally Posted by BellaNavis
Thats cool, can I join your group?
Not a group per se'. Just some of us do this so I refer to us as a group. It's not a consolidated effort. Feel free if you know for sure how to spot fake rolexes. I only go after the submariners as I own a two tone sub so I know what to look for. Just make Darn sure you know without a doubt it's a fake if you do it or I guess they could try to make you actually go through with it if it was a legit auction. I don't worry about it because I know anyone selling a fake is not going to persue anyone. We just get threatening emails.

I actually have not done this in a while as I've been too busy on the sportbike forums trying to figure out the best accessories for my new sportbike.

chellie4u2

I just saw on the news this morning that someone spent $1600 on a camera corder from Best Buy and got home with it to find a jar of spagetti sauce and phone cords in its place!! OMG and this was at best buy! I will check my packages before i leave the store now.

theappe

Originally Posted by Threed240
Maybe they went to the grocery store, and grabed the wrong bag out of the trunk. Ha! j/k

LMFAO!!!

ruaround

i dont understand how you are doing this... it directly goes against the user agreement... why dont you just report the misleading, false or counterfeit auctions???

tangman99

Originally Posted by ruaround
i dont understand how you are doing this... it directly goes against the user agreement... why dont you just report the misleading, false or counterfeit auctions???
So does fraud. It's not my regular

[hr]
account that I use for personal buying and selling. I won't give you the exact name but the account used is usually descriptive of what you are doing. For instance, a person interested in the auction would see a high bid of say $10,000 by (thisrolexisfake). Simple as that.
In all fairness, (I speak for myself as I don't know what others actually do) I would usually report the person if it is someone that I have not seen before. To be honest with you, this does not always work or they just show right back up. If they keep showing up with the same fake stuff after that, then I'll high bid their auction. Sometimes they have many names that they sell under and you will see the same watch and description show up under a different user name.
At other times the auction may be close to being over and someone has bid on the item. In that case, I'll just bid to ensure the current high bidder does not get ripped off.
Let me be very clear on one thing. In all cases, I am 100% sure the watch is a fake. If I have any doubt at all, then I won't do anything. All of these usually involve actual pictures of the exact watch they are selling and you look for unmistakeable markings. On the submariner, a couple of simple examples would be the font of the writing or the length of the second hand. If they use a stock photo, then I don't bother. If you bid on a rolex showing a stock photo, then you deserve to get ripped off.

efishnsea

Not a group per se'. Just some of us do this so I refer to us as a group. It's not a consolidated effort. Feel free if you know for sure how to spot fake rolexes. I only go after the submariners as I own a two tone sub so I know what to look for. Just make Darn sure you know without a doubt it's a fake if you do it or I guess they could try to make you actually go through with it if it was a legit auction. I don't worry about it because I know anyone selling a fake is not going to persue anyone. We just get threatening emails.

I actually have not done this in a while as I've been too busy on the sportbike forums trying to figure out the best accessories for my new sportbike.

Any pics of the bike, what did you get?????????

chellie4u2

ok let me make it easy.... when they opened the camera box in its place was the spegetti sauce and phone cords. if you need any further help with that let me know!!

tangman99

Originally Posted by efishnsea
Any pics of the bike, what did you get?????????
Here you go: Bike Post
Sorry Chipmaker for getting your thread off topic.

efishnsea

Here you go: Bike Post
Sorry Chipmaker for getting your thread off topic.

Very nice
!!!I'm looking at the 07 650's cant decide :thinking: , 1000's a lot of power..When I do I'll post...

threed240

Originally Posted by Chellie4u2
ok let me make it easy.... when they opened the camera box in its place was the spegetti sauce and phone cords. if you need any further help with that let me know!!
Im sensing some hostility here. Hmm.
It was a joke ok!