Sorry I been away for awhile

ironeagle2006

Sorry if I have been gone for awhile lets just say a few things have happened in the last few months.

Feb my father died and we had been expecting it however what i was NOT expecting was my Brother leaving me Stranded up in IL with no way home since he was a total Jerk.
April my Wife and I moved back to IL to 1st help my mother out and 2nd to get away from my Brother in AR. We ended up caught in that Ice Storm and it took us 60 hours to get up to IL a trip that normally takes 10 hours.

May I ended up in the Hospital in total Cardiac Failure as my Heart Medications started to attack my heart.

June was OK until the end when my Brother from SC showed up and had to stay here as his wife well lets just say she makes Cruella Deville look like a Saint.

First 2 weeks in July where a Whirlwind between having my Dads Memorial and Burial he had been Cremated and we waited until all of us could be up here to bury him and myself marking time until my Heart Surgery to get a Pacemaker and Defib combo shoved in that is so State of the Art the FDA has not even approved it for General Use Yet. Yep I am a Human Guinea Pig for the next few Years.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, ironeagle. When it rains it pours. Hope you are heading into better times, especially with your health.

deejeff0442

Hey iron.i aint been here in a long time either. Sorry about your dad.wht the hell are the putting a defib I you? Did they explain what one is? Most people think its a shock that restarts the heart .well its not.it actually stops the heart and hope it restarts itself.if nobody is around to do cpr and give air .its pretty useless.sorry to be so blunt but I hope you never need it to turn on.it would have to have one serious monitor, and battery to keep check.now a pace maker is one dependable piece.what side did they implant it? Usually the left upper chest.

ironeagle2006

Luckily I got the Defib Pacemaker Combo so if the Defib ever goes off the Pacemaker is right behind giving the signals to the heart to BEAT again. See as part of the Procedure to install it they had to burn out my AV node in my heart that controlled my heart beating. Guess what stopped my Afib that was around 150 a min or more. Now I am at 80 BPM in a normal Rhythm and my heart ejection Fraction how they measure the heart is pumping improved 40% from 15% Pre Surgery in May to 65%. I can live with that I have lost 60 Lbs in the last 3 months have over 130 more to go but now that my Ticker is fixed I bet it goes a lot easier. Heck 2 weeks before my Surgery I could not even make it through shopping at Wally Mart without needing to ride in an Electric Cart. Now my Wife is screaming at me SLOW THE HELL DOWN HONEY I CAN NOT KEEP UP. Size of this new model is 2 Inches wide 4 inches long and maybe 1 inch thick. Was told it has Secure WiFi Update capacity and a 8 year Battery Life. Meaning when they finally get the Test box to me in October I will not have to call in for Pacemaker checks sucker will log in everyday and upload what it did.

deejeff0442

The piece sounds like something from nasa.now that you explain the system sounds awesome. Yea all the extra strain on the heart from overweight will take a toll.i need to go to the doc here in a half hour. I got a big lump of fluid in my elbow.i drained 12 cc from it mo day but its coming back.it looks like bercitis.getting old blows