(sorta OT) Can anyone recommend a good digital camera around $300

jim27

My neighbors camera is kinda crappy and takes fuzzy pics. I want a good one of my own that takes clear good looking pics. I can spend around $300, what would you recommend?

demosthenes

The Nikon Flip-Camera is a really nice one. I'm unsure of the price though. Try a computer store and ask if they have it, they should. If it's in the price range that would be the one I'd get.

I use a Canon Powershot A20 (around $500 Cdn). Uses compact flash, USB and while it doesn't have a whole lot of features, it does take very nice pics up to 1600x1200. I would suggest buying the ni-MH rechargeable batteries though, they seem to last longer than regular AA's

I spent an entire day (10 hrs) looking at cameras. I needed one that took great clear pictures up close with no flash. There are some great ones out there, and some really expensive ones. I bought an Olympus D-370 for $160, the card was extra (and you need it) $80. I take about 30 pictures a day of my aquariums and I have been very pleased with this camera. Take a look at my web site to view the results.

M

marcandkelly

When buying a digital camera there are alot of different things to consider. When I got my camera the major features I was looking for where:
1. How easy to use (This includes both camera and software)?
2. How much money?
3. Do I want print quality pictures?
4. Are there any add-on features that you can't live without?
My final decision was a Cannon A10 which I am very happy with. It is very easy to use. Inexpensive. Pictures are good for posting on a website but not very good for printing. Cannon makes a really cool underwater casing (good to 100ft) that fits A10 and A20 model cameras.

lionpicasso

We bought a Sony DSC-75 3.3 megapixel digital camera online a year ago for $600, the price should have dropped some now. I like the camera.
BTW the best software I've found for printing pictures is a program Kodak has made.