SOURCE FOR "WHITE" MOONLIGHTS?

funkyman

I'm looking for the "white" style moonlights similar to the ones installed in Orbit and other lighting fixtures. It's simply personal preference, but I like their effect much better.
I have a set of (3) dimmable blue moonlights installed in my canopy right now that do a good job, but I'd like to make the change to the white ones.
I've looked around quite a bit, and can only find the blue versions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

funkyman

Well, here's another question:
When checking out the recommended site, I see that there's a pretty broad range available of luminous intensity. Which would be appropriate for moonlights?

shiby1510

sure thing!
Well to be honest I have no idea because you want to go with leds.... The only thing I can tell you is dealing with the angle... If you want more of a direct light go with a lower angle and if you want the light spread out more go with a higher angle.

shiby1510

Originally Posted by bracebldrs
if you can find specs 470nm or nano meters is
said to duplicate moon light

....... Funkyman wants white led moonlights.....

470nm is the wavelength and has nothing to do with luminosity.... 470nm means that it is in the blue spectrum... not white.

ryan115

lsdiodes dot com, has cheaper prices
, but not as good of a selection as super bright does
. Also figure out the kind of lighting effect you want. If you want more of a spot light go for a narrower angle (~25-30deg)than if you want a blanket effect on the tank(45deg).