Southdown or what?

B

bambalamb

Im ready to do my DSB asap. I have been to all my local hardware stores and have found no Southdown. Is there anything else that is nearly as good?

B

bambalamb

The rumor is that Southdown is only available on the east coast.
I've tried my local HD and no luck. Let me know if there are any options.

overanalyzer

hey bambalamb rumor has it that the HD in mansfield had or has southdown. Not sure where dunkirk is in Ohio but mansfiled is up near the northern half of the state.
I'd loook them up and give them a call .... at worst it is a 4 hour drive for you....

fishman88

ok first how big is yr tank second how much sand do u need. third if you want e-mail me at Sleeprn1@juno.com and i will give you my address and you can send me a check for shipping and the cost of the sand ($6.00 for 50 lbs) and i will ship it to ya. so if ya want to do that just e-mail me same with any 1 eles
mike

jonthefb

you can also use sand that goes by the name of Pure Caribbean Aragonite....we just bought a pallet of this stuff for the shop i work at...it is a 40 pound bag (instead of Caribsea's 30) for 34.95...i know we are a little high, but there is also a place in Denver that sells it for like 24 bucks a bag.....good stuff, this is what i just used for sand in my 65!
check the site out at www.purearagonite.com
this shouldnt be against swf.com rules as it is not a product that they sell but if it is, mods let me know and i will edit!
good luck
jon