SOUTHDOWN

rockster

Hi Monica, there's a new HD that just open here in Bklyn at Mill Basin. I went and checked out if they have SD sand and all I saw was something to the effect of "Damp" something sand on the label and it's dark brown and does not look like aragonite at all. I didn't find SD. Will you please let me know how much to ship to Bklyn, I'm also interested. Thanks.

S

starfishjackedme

I am about to give up on this. Anyway, so my two options are the CC bed I have - or convert to play sand. I can't afford a Carib sea oolitic bed 3" deep in a 200gal. That is atleast 300lbs of sandbed - prob more. At $40 a bag - I don't think so!

monica

I can get southdown for a little under $5.00 a bag, BUT in order for me to ship it is another question. I tried. I figured it out to send to LaCrosse WI and it cost $22.00 a bag. You have all been good to me and helped me a lot so I am not adding anything to the cost. It's just shipping and the price of the 50 lb. bag. Just thought I would let everyone know. If your interested just let me know. I will need your zip code to figure out the cost of shipping.

vazquez66

HEY SALTWATERDAVE
I'm willing to ship if you want.
I even have access to shipping via ups righ in my building.
You give me the ok and i'll figure out what it will cost and your on your way.
Ican probably have it to you by the weekend.
Sorry it took me so long but i've been busy.
My email is VAZQUEZ66@peoplepc.com
Happy To Help any time.
VAZ
:cool:

j.johnson

Southdown in Wisconsin...
The Kohler, Wisconsin Home Depot has Southdown - I just bought 4, 50 pound bags for $6.99 each today (4/9/2002).
The first store I checked didn't have any (in Green Bay), but they did a search on the sku (578-819)for me and found that the only HD in Wisconsin that had any was in Kohler.
They had 2 pallets, but one was marked sold. They said that they ordered 9 pallets last summer and will be ordering a new shipment soon since they are nearly out.
I can't wait to get my tank set up...the sand looks beautiful.

Thanks for posting the sku number..they asked me here at the local home depot if I could get it...excatly what is the name on the bag? Is it Tropical playsand? That's what I was told it said...or something like that...Thank You :rolleyes:

j.johnson

It is in a clear/blue/red bag and is called "Tropical Play Sand" and says "from the Carribean" on the front.
Here is a link to a picture of it (the picture on the bottom of the page).
<a href="http://www.rpi.edu/dept/union/aquarium/public_html/setup.html" target="_blank">http://www.rpi.edu/dept/union/aquarium/public_html/setup.html</a>

tyrfing

J Johnson, are you sure it was the Kohler WI Home Depot that had Southdown? I tried to get their number through information but I was told there is no store in Kohler

j.johnson

Tyrfing,
It might actually be a little south of Kohler...its right off of hwy 43.
There is a store locator at <a href="http://www.homedepot.com" target="_blank">www.homedepot.com</a> that gives the address as:
4025 Highway 28
Kohler, WI 53044
(920)451-0624

devante

Well, I just want to put in my .02. I couldn't get SD in Florida, So I had to get the quickrete play sand. The tank has been setup for about 7mos. now and I have about 90lbs of LR in a 75gal. To date I have had NO problems with the sand causing any algae booms except for the initial Diatom boom. All my levels are prefect, I have a 4in DBS that it full of worms that have been populated by the LR, and hundreds if not thousands of copods. HTH.