Spelling mistakes that bug the bonkers out of you....

ironeagle2006

I look a spelling like I look at Pics of my EX Wife all I want to do IS BURN the SOB that thinks it is Important enough to start a Fight ONLINE. Come on with Modern Education Standards we are lucky KIDS today can TIE THEIR SHOES let alone Spell ANYTHING. Called pic something more IMPORANT like how this nation is going to pay off 17 TRILLION IN DEBTS.

bionicarm

Why worry about paying it off? There will always be a national deficit unless you put in enough revenue to pay for ALL government services, including inflation. Discretionary income only covers 17% on the annual budget. The remainder goes to Medicare, Social Security, and the Military. The Republican House just passed a $462 BILLION defense budget, which includes some missile defense system on the East Coast the Pentagon doesn't even want. You think Congress is going to whack Medicare and Social Security? The only way you can possibly whittle done the deficit to a manageable number is by raising taxes. You have to generate more revenue. Slashing useless programs, or the Republicans best Poster Child for wasteful spending, Welfare and Social Service programs, isn't going to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironeagle2006 http:///t/391667/spelling-mistakes-that-bug-the-bonkers-out-of-you/20#post_3475313
I look a spelling like I look at Pics of my EX Wife all I want to do IS BURN the SOB that thinks it is Important enough to start a Fight ONLINE. Come on with Modern Education Standards we are lucky KIDS today can TIE THEIR SHOES let alone Spell ANYTHING. Called pic something more IMPORANT like how this nation is going to pay off 17 TRILLION IN DEBTS.

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog123 http:///t/391667/spelling-mistakes-that-bug-the-bonkers-out-of-you/20#post_3475512

Which NeoCon web site did you get that from? The deficit was right at $5 trillion when Bush got into office in 2000. By 2008, the deficit was at $10 trillion. It DOUBLED under Bush in 8 years. The deficit has grown from $10 trillion to $15 trillion in the last four years. Only HALF as much as it did under Bush, and most of that debt was pushed added by delayed military costs left by the Bush regime. I like the littel asterick that says "projected". That's how the Conservatives like to twist things. "We think it's going to go that high, so let's just throw that number out there if if it isn't accurate". Want me to toss some imaginary bar chart showing the opposite?

novahobbies

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonZim http:///t/391667/spelling-mistakes-that-bug-the-bonkers-out-of-you#post_3475072
You wrote: "and it's an speaking blunder more than a spelling one,.."
I do believe that should be "it's A speaking blunder.."

If you're going to bitch about other people's spelling, make damn sure you're spelling properly yourself!

You get the prize!
That's one of two errors I deliberately left in that post. I wanted to see who was reading, but I haven't been back to this section of the forum lately. And....to prove the point, I will go back and CORRECT myself.
My rant was more specific. Yes, we're all human and we all make dumb mistakes. I spend my days writing, editing, and proofreading web copy for an online store, and I'm absolutely certain that I've let mistakes slip through. I get frustrated with people who make the same spelling error, over and over, without any attempt to correct themselves, look at their spell-check, or (gasp!) LEARN from their mistakes.
@ IronEagle: That's a very nice, measured response there. I could use your entire post as a case in point for my argument. Let me ask you this instead -- if we as a country don't have the time or inclination to learn the simple niceties of grammar and spelling, what makes you think we're going to be bothered with subjects like math, economics, or the sciences? How do you expect our country to "pay off its 17 TRILLION IN DEBTS" if the average person can't even take the time to learn proper punctuation??
Oh, and Reefraff: I think I begin to comprehend the depths of the **ck you simply do not give.
I wish I could change your mind, though!

bulldog123

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicarm http:///t/391667/spelling-mistakes-that-bug-the-bonkers-out-of-you/20#post_3475731
And it's good to see you still follow the Conservative mindset like a blind lemming falling off a cliff.
If you libs stopped giving all your things away to the "less fortunate" you wouldnt be so angry. Life is much better on this side, stop on over we'll show you the light. The catch is you will have to work though.
I have to admit your rage almost had me on the floor laughing.

meowzer

I agree......Sorry Rick, BUT I am closing this thread....if you want, start another and let's see if it can stay ON TOPIC