Spidey's 150g Reef Build

spiderwoman

I guess it's time to officially start this build :)
Objective:
150 gallon reef
Equipment:
- AGA 150g Reef Ready tank
- Custom built stand and canopy
- LifeReef LF1-150 Berlin System (Sump size 30x13x14 Overall system length is 54" with skimmer and pumps)
- LifeReef LifeReefugium (24x12x18 high, 16.5 gallon capacity)
- LifeReef LRC1 Calcium Reactor and CO2 Kit
I'm going to copy some content from the stand/canopy thread so bear with me.
THIS IS EXCITING!!!!!

spiderwoman

I'm proud to present the new stand for our 150g RR build
Our stand is in! It's is absolutely gorgeous and the workmanship is beyond our expectations. All hardwood, the top, sides, bottom all inch thick oak. The stand is big enough to have a 24inch deep tank on it and ours is only 18inch. We wanted it extra deep to have enough room inside for all equipment.
I'm just so happy with Jack's work, AWESOME STUFF JACK!!!
Canopy arriving this week.
2 dedicated 20a GFCI outlets will be installed before that baby gets filled.

spiderwoman

LifeReef shipment just arrived 10 minutes ago and I got some pictures of the huge boxes sitting on our porch. I will post those tonight.

scopus tang

Cool
! I've been looking forward to this one; is the canopy done yet? Still wanting to see pictures of how it was done.

spiderwoman

Originally Posted by Scopus Tang
http:///forum/post/2585873
Cool
! I've been looking forward to this one; is the canopy done yet? Still wanting to see pictures of how it was done.
It will come in this week. Our schedules have been off and hubby needs to be here when it comes in.

t316

Ahhhh, I remember these pics. Very nice. I'm on board for the build thread

BTW...did you ask the cabinet guy for the auto-closures for all those hinges?

t316

I guess they shouldn't be called "auto" closures, but rather dampers. They don't automatically close the door, rather they slow auto close once you (or kids) slam the door. Believe me, with kids in the house, they are a lifesaver.
Here's a pic of it...

Here it is snapped into place....Your hinges look like they are compatible for these.

spiderwoman

Long anticipated progress is happening again.
Dedicated 20A line was pulled last week so we are going to get this tank wired and plumbed... one day

At least equipment is finally here.
Some pics of the LifeReef system once it arrived, pardon the stuffed toys in the background

LifeReef LF1-150S Series Berlin Filter Systems, with SVS2-24" in-sump protein skimmer, 4MDQX-SC and MagDrive9 pumps, sump volume 22 gal

Inside the cabinet

LifeReef LCR1 calcium reactor for aquariums up to 300 gallons (got a great deal on used unit for $100)
Has lab grade gages (no pic yet)

spiderwoman

LifeReefugium
LifeReefugium Features:
* Can be installed in-sump or externally (external model shown).
* Water supply to the refugium can come from a submersible pump, from your main pump manifold or directly from your aquarium overflow.
* Input spraybar distributes water evenly across surface and subsurface.
* Back and sides are black acrylic to keep light in the refugium.
* Clear front viewing panel
* Refugium height of 18" gives ample volume when sand or mud is placed on bottom.
* Algae retention grid keeps algae in the refugium but lets microorganisms pass through.
* Water drops silently down through channel into sump flow.
* Full perimeter rim reinforces refugium top to prevent warping.
* Ample top cutout for access into refugium.

Light fixture not in picture

spiderwoman

The best for last.... canopy is arriving tonight. Our schedules have not matched up with our cabinet maker so it's taken longer than expected.
Will post pics as progress is made.

spiderwoman

Originally Posted by GatorWPB
http:///forum/post/2631925
Nice looking sump and fuge setup.
It looks so clean... ahhh the days of the clean sump lol

I hear ya! For what we paid for that *#($&#*( system it should be self cleaning like an oven. That's how I feel about it

sbaumann14

something ya might want to consider.... i put some foam board insulation both under my tank as well as under sump. quiets down any vibrations from skimmer/pump on the wood... jmo

spiderwoman

Originally Posted by sbaumann14
http:///forum/post/2631935
something ya might want to consider.... i put some foam board insulation both under my tank as well as under sump. quiets down any vibrations from skimmer/pump on the wood... jmo
Great point! I'm going to Lowe's this afternoon anyways, so I"m going to buy some. Thanks!!

el guapo

Originally Posted by sbaumann14
http:///forum/post/2631935

Good call on that . It helps alot . I would get a nice thick rubber mat that has the holes in it that would allow moisture to evap off of the wood and not trap it there incase of a leak .

sbaumann14

Originally Posted by EL GUAPO
http:///forum/post/2632087
Good call on that . It helps alot . I would get a nice thick rubber mat that has the holes in it that would allow moisture to evap off of the wood and not trap it there incase of a leak .
actually i found that the foam insulation repels moisture, while the rubber mat w/holes gives water a place to collect....jmo

spiderwoman

Canopy is here!!! and it is monster size just like we planned!

The upper shelf will be a *fake* aquarium with a few handblown glass fish and corals and a blue rope light inside the edges to give it the aquarium blue glow (I know... cheesy)

Horrible pic of the pully system Jack put in to lower and raise the lights. I have a crank that I can use by opening the right side door of the canopy. Pretty darn smart idea from him.

Better picture of the pully