Spiny Oyster?

gilpil

Does anyone know anything about these? They are on special in the ivert section on this website, but it does not say anything about lighting needs or what and how to feed. Anyone have any info?

X

xoxox

I was wondering about that guy too. Boy,he sure looks like he would be a tough meal for any clam eater (most likely eats plankton). 4 to 6 inches is a decent size. Can you say pearls....

promisetbg

They do not need any light..in fact they come from deep water,and generally are covered with sponges.I had two..they did'nt make it.I think my water was too clean for them.They thrive off nitrate and phosphate and can live happily in your sump.

gregm779

Mines been doing great for the last 6 months and my water is clean. I do dose DTs and he does open up when I do. I'll take a pic later when I have time. He's pretty cool , looks like a rock until people see his mouth.

zibnata

Do they move around or stay in one spot ? I want one but I dont want it if it moves around like a flame scallop. thanks

chipmunk

They stay in one spot. My oyster nevere has moved. Keep it low in the tank. They dont like a lot of light. I have my oyster for about a year now.