Splash

rane

Splash,
How do you have your filtration setup and your powerheads I dont see any wires or tubes in your tank whats the secreat and if possible can you take close up pics on the way you have your filtration setup and hidden along with your powerheads..your tank is one of the nicest i have seen and if you wouldnt mind I would love to copy :):)

splash1914

Let me take some pics.. give me a me about 20 minutes.. Please copy my set up it works! The key is good water floooowwww!!
I have about 100lbs of live sand (I am getting an additonal 50lbs the next time I go diving) and about 200 lbs of LR to add to my filtration.
I dont have any powerheads. I use a powerful Iwaki external pump that gives me a ton of flow. I recently switched out my external skimmer to a new one so it fits right inside my sump. Once I get around to it I will hook up my UV.

jim27

I'd like o see the pics too, I've been wondering that myself. I may try to copy it when I get my 300g.

splash1914

yep, it's 1" tubing... nothing fancy, trust me I have a ton of circulation... Even if I wanted to add powerheads I couldnt, my tank is acrylic and the top is covered but for 2 2' openings.

splash1914

my wet dry is a 45 gallon aquarium that was drilled to be use with an external pump... I use a rio2500 to run the sealife systems skimmer.... my tank turns over 5.5 times per hour....

splash1914

I didnt pay anything for my pump or sump, I use to be a co-owner of an aquarium maintance business so I aquired things.... I bought my tank at wholesale too! :) The pump is 1500gph. You can hold the pump and feel no heat what so ever on it! My last little giant was always buring hot!

reef-er

I used the new Wave pump for my 300gal and it is awsome. It turns 3000gals per hour and is so quiet I can hardly hear it run. I love it. I have to 1inch returns on my tank and the both come out of one side just like Splash's set-up but I have one supply running about 14inches out to give more circulation to the other side of the tank. This set-up works great. Tons of Circulation also..If you are looking for a new pump I would definetly look into the wave pump.