Splash1914(wet/dry ?)

elkhntr

Splash, I found a old drawing you made for a wet/dry system and I had a few questions. I have a 250 gallon tank, what size of Rubbermaid container should I get for the main section, and the size of the smaller ones? What is a maximum flow rate I should have going in? And last, where did you get your tubs? Thanks....

splash1914

The main rubber maid I used was 33"Lx15"Hx14.5"W
the two small rubbermaids are 14"Lx14"Wx12"H
I use this on a 150 gallon... But I use a prefilter box rated for a 250 gallon... So far I havent had any problems at all... I bought them at wal mart ) Did you see the actually pic of it or just my diagram?
(The wet/dry I made was for one at work not my home)

elkhntr

I actually saw both. I couldn't really figure out how to put it all together from your pictures. I am still unsure how to make the drip tray. The water line was the other confusion I had. The overflow boxes I have are rated for like 700gph, will that work?

splash1914

your prefilter boxes are fine.. the water line should be just below the bio balls.. I made the drip tray out of the same size rubbermaid as the bio ball chamber. what I did was cut the bottom off of the rubbermaid and drilled a ton of hole in it so the water flows through it... Tomorrow email me at arnolds2@ocps.net to remind me to take the drip tray out of the bio chamber and take a pic of it... this will probably help you understand it better.