spot feeding

mvogel2

my LFS told me about pulling corals and such out of you aquarium to be placed in a bucket for 20 min. to be fed...
So i was thinking, couldn't you just go to home depot and buy a large piece of pipe that would fit around the coral/sponge/clam you were feeding. Then you could place the pipe around the animal and put some food in the top of the pipe without the hassel of pulling it out of the tank. I would stop competion and get rid of any current that would carry the food away...
any thoughts?
matt

dburr

Taking out the corals to feed?????? Never heard that one, LOL. That would take a couple hours a week. :rolleyes:
I don't spot feed corals to much. Maybe once in a while. I use a turkey baster and blast them a couple times with food.
For my serpant star I use a ridged air tube and send the food down in the cracks and crevases to him, all the fish try to get it;) , but, to bad.:D
Dan

clarkiiboi

You have the better idea, your lfs way off, IMO. Damage could be done removing them and not to mention the stress to the corals as well. Some members have rigged up similar methods as you are stating, maybe some will chime in. What corals do you have? That will help others give info on what they do for the same corals. HTH

hairtrigger

Seriously... what the hell is your LFS talking about? :confused:
That seems natural. I see corals leave the ocean all the time to feed. They even go to restaurants sometimes. As long as there's an ocean front view. ;)
^$#%&*$&%#@^%$@#& :mad:

bigmac

I know some guys do this with baby clams and probably other filter feeders. If you ask me its just too much stress on the coral.