spraybar question

bbreaux1

getting a mag 7 for my return pump and it will be t'd off to feed the fuge. there will be about 4 ft from pump to tank with two 45's at the top to point it towards the tank then i dont know where to go from there. just into another T and a pipe horizontal then come down off of that pipe with a few elbows and some flex tubing? the return line is 1/2inch hoe big of flex tubing would to use im thinking ill put two return nozzels or three

I am thinking of doing an actual spraybar return. are spraybars effective? are they worth it?

broomer5

Yeah - spraybars can be very effective. Sometimes you can reduce or eliminate the need for in-tank powerheads.
You lose a lot of water speed when using a multiple outlet spraybar though. Plus all the fittings, elbows and turns can cause a loss of pressure too.
bbreaux1
What size tank your working with ?
What size refugium you feeding with the Mag 7 ?
What type/size of overflow you got there ?
All of these things may affect how well the set up works, and should be factored into your decision.
In a smaller tank/refugium - the Mag 7 would work fine.
In a larger tank/refugium - it may be undersized - and you would not be pleased with the results.
All depends ... ;)

bbreaux1

i think itll be about 10gal refugium or so the overflow is a smiracle not sure of the rating though bought it off of somebody that it was suppose to be for a wetdry for a 100something gallon tank. the main tank is 55gallons im not real worried about removing my two powerheads they dont really bother me just trying to find the best way to get the water back to the tank and with a good bit of movement

I am thinking of just using it for circulation. One pickup out of the display and a spraybar return. Thinking of using a Quiet One pump.
Tank is 125H