SPS under T5's?

patandlace

I'm trying to decide between getting T5's or halides in the near future and was hoping to see pictures of peoples tanks with SPS corals under T5's. Thank you for your replies.

wangotango

Aquactinics 48" TX5 on 55. No pics since the majority of my SPS have been added, but my slimer is growing about 1/4" a month. Very satisfied.
-Justin

patandlace

The clams look nice and happy too Bob. How long have you had the fixture and have all the corals you've added kept their colors since adding them? Have you noticed much growth? Thanks again.

nycbob

i have the current light setup only for 6 weeks. b4 that, i had the nova 4x54w without individual reflectors. all the sps have been in the tank since may 2007. i had great growth even b4 this light. this light was added for my clams. the clams were added 5 weeks ago. i hv 5 clams total. the nova pro 6x54w for $350 cant be beat.

flricordia

I agree. I just got into T5s and they are great. I fragged off some pink milli from a dying colony in a friends tank with MH and placed the poor-looking frags in my tank under T5s and within a week you can't see any bad spots on them. Growing back. Wish I had gotten into T5s long ago.
Nycbob, awesome looking tank! Clams look great.

chilwil84

90 gallon reef ready with current nova extreme 8 bulb fixtures with individual reflectors jammed in pic is 4 months or so old

teen

Originally Posted by Flricordia
I agree. I just got into T5s and they are great. I fragged off some pink milli from a dying colony in a friends tank with MH and placed the poor-looking frags in my tank under T5s and within a week you can't see any bad spots on them. Growing back. Wish I had gotten into T5s long ago.
Nycbob, awesome looking tank! Clams look great.
i highly doubt the change was due to the lighting. more likely water parameters.