star fish

rockster

I would imagine so. They have nervous system too that can be shocked by abrupt changes in temp and salinity. I acclimatized mine just like I do my fishies. They did just fine.

predator

Very slow!!!! I usually take about a good hour or longer to do mine(better safe than sorry). Just slowly fill the bag with your water over the time span and then let the little guy run around.

it kinda depends on what type of star it is. some require a slower acclimation than others. i know the blue linkia is one of the ones you definitely need to take at least 1-11/2 hours to acclimate. the others i would do at least 30-45 minutes.

jumpfrog

I would slowly drip in some water over an hour or more. Also, Bob Fenner in the Concientious Marine Aquariust(sp) claims that starfish do much better if they have some of their original water with them in the new tank. Almost like it is soothed by the scent/biology or something. Suppose to make their acclimation better. I did it with my organge knobby, probably about a 1/2 cup of old water and he's done just great. Good Luck!

yardrat

i agree it does matter what kind it is.. but the norm is 1 to 1 1/2 hours just to be safe.. good luck..

galina

Jump Frog.. do you mean the fish stores water?! I hope not. You should never put the fish stores water in your tank.
Galina

i have been tld that the blue linkias should take a good 12 hours of slow aclimation .. seems alittle much to me but when i got one awhile back i took about and hour or two to acclimate mine and he died the next day .. all parameters were what they were supposed to be .. so i wouldnt rush it no matter what kinda of star it is ... take all the time you can ...good luck