starfish ID

snakeblitz33

Well, I know that it's reef safe because it doesn't have any thorns on top. Can't guarantee how long it will live. I wouldn't pick up anything off the beach and put it in my tank. I wouldn't do that either because of trade laws.... good luck!

blackjacktang

Originally Posted by SnakeBlitz33
http:///forum/post/2498053
Well, I know that it's reef safe because it doesn't have any thorns on top. Can't guarantee how long it will live. I wouldn't pick up anything off the beach and put it in my tank. I wouldn't do that either because of trade laws.... good luck!
One time My freind came home the beach with a clam. We thoght it was dead so we kept it has a decoration. Then One day I noticed it opened up. Then I grabbed it and it slamed shut. I did not know what to do with it. So my last choise was to put it in my saltwater tank. It has done no harms in my tank ofr 8 months now. The cool thing is that is is still allive today! It spends 99.999999999999999999999999999999999% its life in the sand. and 00.000000000000000000000000000000001% out of the sand. (the only time it comes out is when I take it out.)

mie

Usually not a good idea to remove stuff from the ocean and put it in your tank, especially if you don't know what it is. if i turns out that you cannot keep it don't put it back in the ocean you need to kill it.

ophiura

Fromia are Indo-Pacific.
I think it more likely this person is in Florida or so, in which case it is absolutely Echinaster.

paintballer768

Originally Posted by SnakeBlitz33
http:///forum/post/2498053
Though thorns would be a give away, its not only limited to that as if it is reef-safe or not.
Never seen one of those stars on the beachs here, did you find it on the Gulf side of Florida?