Stars & Stripes Puffer

jcs69

I woke up this morning and when I approached my tank I noticed(for the first time) that my puffer was inflated?? It just concerns me due to the fact that usually he's sleeping on his LR when I get up in the morning?? As soon as I approached the tank, he seen me and deflated and laid back down. I sat there for a minute and he swam to the glass and seemed like his normal happy self. Should I be concerned??:confused:

lion_crazz

How long have you had the puffer? It may have been that he just did not recognize who you were and you scared him a little bit. The inflating is just a defensive mechanism that the puffers do when they are stressed or scared. I wouldn't worry about it.

I

irenicus

From my experience, puffer's will sometimes do this to stretch. Once a had one of my puffers puff up for no particular reason at all, swam around a bit, then deflated. Quite amazing if you ask me. :joy:

jcs69

He was puffed prior to me enetering the room, then he deflated when he saw me. It was real weird, then he swam to the front and greeted me?? Maybe he was just stretching. I've had him for two weeks and he has been awesome since we got him. That was the first time I seen him inflate.