Starter Corals

lizzy

Hello I have a 65 gal long tank that just finished its cycle! YAY HORRAY! Parameters are as follows: Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 10, PH 8.2, Salinity 1.026, and temp is 78deg. I have Coral life PC 50/50 lighting (I dont know how many watts. I bought them like two years ago right before we moved and had to take the tank down so i dont remember.) I was wondering if all of you Coral experts could make a list of Corals for begginers. I know Mushrooms and Zoa's but I was wondering if there was anything else as well. Thanks so much!

lizzy

Cool thanks for that website! I'll try to find out how many watts my light is do you know if it will say on the bulb? Thanks for you help!

scopus tang

PC bulbs typically give a wattage on the white part of the base (not all do however). Again, if you can give the length of your bulbs (ie. 21 or 32 inches) that will help narrow it down.

lizzy

okay another question if i wanted to get some mushrooms or zoa's do i need to wait for a while since the cycle just finished or can i put them in right away? would i be able to keep frogspawn under these lights? Thank you so much for your help!!

A

azul1994

IMO I would wait a couple days, and yes you can keep frogspawn under PC lighting.

lizzy

okay I feel really dumb asking this question but its a question i have and i really want to know...even if it is dumb. I know that frogspawn can sting other corals. but when you handle it can it sting you? just wondering. Okay I know these are a little harder corals to keep so I wont be trying it till later but can i keep bubble coral and hammer coral under pc lighting?

nigerbang

A hammer and frogspawn are in the same family, I have never had luck with bubbles so I don't know advice to give you on those, my frog and hammer both love my halides, I have a green frog with purple tips and a purple hammer with green tips.
I would give it about a month or so, and no they won't sting you...