starter kits?

confussion

Hello, my name is angie and i'm getting ready to set up my first saltwater tank
I have to be honest....I DON'T HAVE A CLUE!!!!
We're remodeling our house, and my husband wants a saltwater tank. Being that i'm "mom" i'll bet i'll be the one taking care of it, so i'm thinking i should maybe know something about these things

I was hopeing someone could give me a good place to go to that has "understandable" explinations on what all this stuff is. I've printed out the list Lion Crazz gave and plan to use that, but i don't have a clue when it comes to 1. who can live with who(all i know is i would like to have the "cast of nemo" if possible ***) )LOL 2. Corals, live rock, animos(sp?),etc. that whole thing i don't understand.
so basicly, is there somewhere i can go to get info on all this stuff (SW101
) or kits i can buy that tell you what you need to even start the tank????
Ok, thanks for your time :happyfish

sign guy

first welcome to swf.com
second you have come to the right place there are tons of experts here ( Im not one of them )

third go SLLLLOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW

S

saltfreak4

What size tank are you planning on having? That's the first question. Second, the nemo cast? Do you mean the clown fish, tang, how many other cast members are you thinking about? The tang has to be in a large tank. She is built for speed and needs the room to get up to her maximum speed. So you are looking at, at least, 6 ft of swimming room to keep her. Sorry. So what have you purchased so far? Next little tid bit of information. There is A LOT that goes with this hobby. There are people that have been doing this none stop for many years, and are still learning. I do NOT want to discourage you, but this is not for the light-hearted. Second, this is an expensive hobby. Running a mini ocean in your living room is costly. Lighting for an anemone will run you some bucks, depending on the species (well really any species is going to run you some cash). So there is my little tid bit of information. about dot com has some great starter info, start there and work your way back to here. Welcome to the hobby and swf.com. This is a great forum. We are glad to see you, but want to let you know about the above mentioned issues.