Startin' new to Saltwater

drouse517

i recently bought a mini bow 7 for my girlfriend as a one year ann. present. we set it up to be a saltwater tank, and are letting it now run before getting our liverock and the coral beauty angel i decided on. i'm just looking for suggestions on what else to get to go along with the coral beauty. i've been looking into crabs, snails, and other small fish to add to the tank. do u know if it's safe to put any smaller, like tiny, fish in with the coral beauty? also, are there certain type and sizes of coral i should look for for just the 7 gallon tank? and for anyone that thinks the coral beauty couldn't survive in the 7 gallon, it would, they explained it to me at the pet store. if anyone has any ideas, please let me know! you can email me at liltroy517@aol.com. thanks!

antwan14

welcome aboard! I just registered yesterday and have learned alot already! Have fun with it! As for your ? well, i'm not an expert, but I would take into consideration the size of tank, etc.
all of the things you mentioned are good things to have, but if I had to vote for one, I'd say liverock, that is if you find good liverock for a good price!

ross

WELCOME TO THE BORARD! A coral beauty needs atleast a 40g like said earlier. I can almost gurantee you that it will die. You did a good job coming to this board before you jumped into it and it surely saved you a fish. Most pet stores give out bad information. They are just trying to make money. Please do not get the coral beauty! I would say live rock would be the most important thing on the poll.