Starting A 125 Tank ..q ??

yupi1982

HI GUYS MY NAME IS ALEJANDRO ANGEL AND I LIVE HERE IN NORTH MIAMI . MY WISH TANK IS UNDER DEVELOPMENT AND BEFORE I DO IT , I WOULD LIKE TO ASK IF THE FOLLOW SPECIES COULD LIVE TOGETHER.:
AN EMPEROR JUV, ANNULARIS EMEROR JUV, LONG NOSE BUTTERFLY, FORMOSA WRASSE JUV, RED CORIS JUV , MANDARIN GOBY A FIREFISH GOBY, A MARRON CLOWNFISH , A BLUE HIPO TANG, A YELLOW TANG, AND A RED SEA SAILFIN TANG.
i AM GONNA ADD 4 STARFISH AS WELL. :happyfish
C H A R A C T E R I S T I C S :
IT WILL BE A NO REEF TANK - AND 125 GALLONS. :notsure:
TELL MY ABOUT IF A 1 INCH CLOWN TRIGGER COULD GROW UP BEING FRIENDLY WITH THOSE FISHES TOO.
ANY HELP YOU GUYS CAN LET ME KNOW WOULD BE APRECIATED.
THANK YOU
ATT
ALEJANDRO A

bluehippo9

the blue hippo tang likes lots of rocky structures. it likes reef tanks... and no triggers. I think you have too many fish in a too small of an aquarium
:happy:

guineawhop

pick one angel out of that list, also pick one of the tangs out of the list you have. you don't have enough room for 2 big angels and 3 tangs.

boalgf

No triggers are reef safe, clowns are one of the meanest.
You definitely have too many fish on your wish list. 2 large angels would be too much, but I think a yellow and a blue hippo in a 125 is fine. As long as you aren't overstocked with other fish.
Be careful what starfish you get, brittle stars should be fine, but something like a chocolate chip starfish is not really reef safe.
Your tang and angel should be your last additions, they require good water conditions and a more mature tank. wrasses and clownfish are more hardy, start off with them after cycling with a shrimp. Make sure you wait a long time (several weeks/month) between fish additions. Even with a larger tank, the system has to get used to the fish inside.
Another thing, mandarins are difficult to keep. They normally won't eat prepared foods and rely on copepods to feed. If you are starting a new tank, they are a bad idea until you get a fuge with a good population of copepods living in it.
Saltwater tanks are a pain, but so worth it. I'm sure yours will grow to look awesome. Good luck!