Starting a Reef Aqarium

killafins413

Alright, to make things simple for those who wish to help me. I have a 55 gallon aquarium and am having trouble finding what I need to make this into a reef aquarium. I have talked to numerous people and they ALL TOLD ME DIFFERENT ANSWERS, but they also all told me to post this question on your board... How do I set up a salt water aquarium? -and- What do I need to start this marvel?

plum70rt

Whoa!! where to start , you first must decide what you would like to keep, then research their requirements, filters, rock,lights,LS there are many options and its up to you how you want to set up, all the components are available just depends on how many stacks of cash you want to spend :) a slow start is to be expected ,in this hobby gradification comes slowly

clamps

first i would go with a fish only SW to start if u have never had 1, thats how i started,that way u can get a better hold on testing cleaning and all the maintenance b4 going to corals and its much cheaper to start with fish only (no need for alot of light)..just IMO and FYI...

kpogue

Get a book - go to the library - BUT DO THE RESEARCH BEFORE you add one drop of NaCl to your tank. You'll be happier, your wallet will be happier and last but not least, your fish and corals will be MUCH happier!