starting a shark tank

tboy

Hello every one..
I have a 220g (6'x2'x2.5') wanted to start with a shark tank. I'm a beginner with shark and need lot's advice from you all. Still haven't do any research on these species yet so please advice me as much as you can. Thanks in advance.
I'm more interest in any white shark look more like grey white that can house in my 220 if that possible.
If so, I was wondering how to start one.

latinlord

i'm not understanding your second separate sentance concerning a white shark look?? Do you mean you want a shark that is lighter in color?? You can NOT have a great white shark in your tank..lol...
look into purchasing this book... http://www.amazon.com/Aquarium-Shark...0774202&sr=1-1
It is a good book and will aid you in deciding which shark to take on.. Even though you have a 220 gallon tank... I would still stick with the normal sharks kep... Coral Cat shark... like mine...

and/or Bamboo sharks.. You could probiblky do an eppaulette shark also... A Horn shark is probibly too big, although i've seen them a certain LFSs...
There are a decent amount of varietyies.. mine has a decent amount of white spots and lines on it... And is pretty easy to take care of...
Good luck!

crypt keeper

Did you even bother to read the first thread posted? Your tank is big enough short term. Not life. They need a wider tank to turn around in.

latinlord

according to the FIRST POST.... ur tank is long enough.. for a cat shark... according to the first post, 2x length and 2x width... according to the "first post" ur tank has the length of 6ft when u only really need a 4ft length for a 2ft shark... width would be 4 also... u have a 2.5... although... who is counting...haha REading the first post is informative though.. Do your research... they are a great addition!