Starting Over

prinny

I am taking out the filters I have in my new 120 gal tank, and putting in the Tidepool 2 system. I purchased 22 lbs of live rock today too. I will probably order more from this web site, it seems to be cheaper. We didn't want a reef tank, but it looks like it is going that way. I was told to not start the skimmer for 30 days and to hold off on fish for three more days. Then to add damsels and be patient. Does this sound right?

whipple

Why add fish so soon? Why not just get your DSB and live rock set up and put in a cleaner crew and wait for your water to settle out?

fishfood

yea, don't add fish so soon. You don't need to go reef even though you get live rock. If you are setting up a DSB and use live rock you should have good water quality and biological filtration. Now if you have the propper lighting than you could go for coral or just go with fish and a cleaner crew. Think twice about adding the damsels. They can be aggressive fish and will be dificult to get out of a tank filled with LR

mr . salty

Small inverts.like whats in a cleanup crew should not be added till the cycle is over(NO ammo or nitrites at all)....